Master Full Stack Engineer
West Creek 5 (12075), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Master Full Stack Engineer
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. We make a difference for 65 million customers. We're changing banking for good!
As a Capital One Master Full Stack Engineer, you will be focused on full stack development to help build out key user experiences on our Commercial Bank servicing platform. You will use modern development languages like Java and Go to construct lightweight and scalable microservice APIs to interact with state of the art user interfaces built in ReactJS, all at the 'speed of Cloud'. You will help design and build these great customer-facing experiences while at the same time, interface with multiple downstream systems to help provide a fully-automated solution for our clients from SalesForce to OneView document management to ForgeRock security and authentication. All of this while helping move slow moving legacy applications from the data center and manual human processes to a self-service nature of AWS and infinite scaling!
Aside from "building cool stuff", you will learn industry standards like security, session management, CI/CD practices, and keep up to date on the latest technology trends and development best practices.
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Bachelors Degree or military experience
- At least 6 years experience in software development
- At least 5 years of experience designing and building microservices
- At least 5 years of experience with REST Web Services
- Masters Degree
- At least 3 year of experience with Jenkins, Ansible, Ruby, Github, or Docker
- 7+ years experience in software development
- 5+ years experience in Agile practices
- Experience with AWS/Public Cloud
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top