Master DevOps Engineer
201 Third Street (61049), United States of America, San Francisco, California
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Master DevOps Engineer
Capital One's Enterprise Merchant Insights engineering team is actively seeking talented individuals who want to help us develop and manage the tools and infrastructure powering our flagship mobile/digital customer products. As a member of our team, you will be responsible for the design, management, and evolution of our application infrastructure, cloud hosting platforms, CI/CD stack, and custom toolsets. Successful candidates will be proficient at: enterprise Linux, CI/CD tooling, automating cloud-based applications (infrastructure as code, container concepts, autoscaling), and working alongside other feature teams/developers.
• Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity.
• Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies.
• Own the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions throughout their full lifespan - no pointing fingers or "throwing code over the wall".
• Empower other teams through regular documentation, knowledge transfers, self-service tools, and open communication.
• Automate build/deployment jobs and other tasks via CI/CD pipelines.
• Ensure system availability, performance, capacity, and continuity through timely response to incidents, events, and problems.
• Give back to the community whenever possible - share research/training findings internally, participate in internal and external technology groups, or mentor members of the engineering community.
• At least 6 years of IT experience.
• At least 4 years of engineering experience in Unix or Windows environments.
• At least 2 years of experience with AWS.
• At least 2 years of experience with infrastructure management tools Terraform, Ansible, Chef, or Puppet.
• At least 2 years of experience developing automation workflows and continuous delivery pipelines using Jenkins, TravisCI, CircleCI, or Drone.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology.
• 3+ years of IT experience in an enterprise cloud environment.
• 1+ year of experience with Container technology using Docker.
• 1+ year of experience with Linux, server automation, and scripting.
• 1+ year of experience with monitoring tools such as Splunk, ELK, AppDynamics.
• 1+ year of experience with an infrastructure test automation tool ServerSpec.
• 1+ year of experience working with Agile Development Practices.
• 1+ year of experience with MySQL, Postgres, or ElasticSearch.
• 1+ year of experience with Tomcat.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top