Master DevOps Engineer
West Creek 5 (12075), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Master DevOps Engineer
As a DevOps Engineer at Capital One you will be challenged with the responsibility of working on cutting-edge solutions in an advanced cloud environment. You will also have the opportunity to collaborate with passionate professionals in the DevOps and developer community at Capital One. In addition, you will bring strong expertise in AWS and excellent communication skills, and a passion for documentation. You will be insatiably curious - you ask why, you explore, and are not be afraid to share your ideas. Last but not least, you love learning new technologies-we're always evolving!
What you'll be doing:
- Work within a team of like-minded professionals to plan, deploy, and maintain critical business applications prod/non-prod AWS environments.
- Design and implement appropriate environments for those applications, engineer suitable release management procedures and provide production support.
- Influence other teams and broader Engineering groups in adopting Cloud technologies, processes, and best practices.
- Work with DevOps leaders in other groups to define and align on standard operating procedures and best practices
- Automate the provisioning of environments: cooking up some recipes with Chef or Ansible, and deploying Docker containers.
- Developing and enabling continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) for search system components.
- Frequent technologies used in this role would be: AWS, AnsibleElastic Cache, Chef, Docker, Terraform, Linux Shell Scripting, RubyBash Scripting, and Jenkins, and Python.
- Troubleshooting problems, involving the appropriate resources and driving resolution of issues with a focus on minimizing impact to our customers.
- Provide on-call support and possibly some after-hours work as needed.
- Participate in the Agile DevOps design, development, testing, and release of new capabilities and features with focus on release and post-production support.
- Represent production support for the suite of apps in the domain in Agile stand-ups, planning sessions and deployment activities.
- Drive improvements to processes and design enhancements to automation to continuously improve the production environment.
- Identify reoccurring issues and work with IT & Business partners to remediate using the problem management process.
- Coordinates, approves, and/or performs changes to the production environment.
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience with AWS
- At least 2 years of experience implementing automated environment delivery and developing automation workflows and routines
- At least 2 years of experience in infrastructure design, implementation and delivery
- At least 1 year of experience working with Agile Development Practices.
- Certified AWS Architect
- Experience with Open Source tools such as Ansible, Chef and Jenkins
- Strong grasp of automation and monitoring tools (ability to automate repeatable tasks via scripting)
- Ability to define and deploy monitoring, metrics, and logging systems
- 1+ years of experience working with Agile Development Practices
- 2+ years of programming experience with automation or development in Python, Ruby, or equivalentElastic Search
- 3+ years of experience Production Support experience in LinuxUnix/Windows environments
- 3+ years of experience in technology delivery in a DevOps / Cloud Engineering environment
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top