Master Data Engineer
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Master Data Engineer
Master Data Engineer – Access Management and Data Protection
We are looking for intellectually curious and driven individuals to join our team of talented data engineers and create cutting-edge security and access management solutions for Capital One's Cloud and on-premises data platforms.
On any given day you will:
- Drive the engineering of security and fine grained access controls in our emerging data platforms like AWS S3, Redshift, Kafka, HDFS
- Develop full stack applications to manage tokenization of sensitive data elements using technologies such as Spring Boot, Angular JS, Spark, REST API, Hive
- Develop solutions to enable auditing and data usage monitoring in our Cloud platforms.
- Work directly with Product Owners and end-users to develop solutions in a highly collaborative and agile environment.
- Help grow and mentor team members on the fine art of data engineering and software abstractions
- Passion for learning, growing, and mentoring in a team environment
What we have:
- Flexible work schedules
- Convenient office locations
- Generous salary and merit-based pay incentives
- A startup mindset with the wallet of a top 10 bank
- Monthly innovation challenges dedicated to test driving cutting edge technologies
- Your choice of equipment (MacBook/PC, iPhone/Android Device)
- Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in C, Java, or Scala
- At least 5 years of experience with Unix/Linux systems with scripting experience in Shell or Python
- At least 5 years of experience building data pipelines and fit for purpose data stores
- Master's Degree
- 4+ years of experience delivering analytical data warehouse solutions or fit for purpose data stores
- 2+ years of experience working with AWS platforms and services
- 3+ years of experience working with AngularJS or similar frameworks
- 3 + years of experience working with automated build and continuous integration systems
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top