Master BI Systems/Data Engineer
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Master BI Systems/Data Engineer
We are looking for a passionate technologist with a knack for delivery to join a team of engineers to build and/or implement automated, cloud based environments and tools to support our Business Intelligence, Data Visualization and Data Discovery strategy. We are re-imagining how analysts discover and publish data at Capital One and this is an opportunity to display knowledge of your craft by having a hand in building large-scale reliable data applications and platforms. You will be an integral part in advancing the culture of technical excellence within Capital One, and creating experiences to delight our analytical associates who will use your products to make decisions critical to the business!
On any given day, you will:
- Work to support current analytics platforms while engineering new AWS environments
- Implement and refine tools such as Birst, Tableau, Qlik, D3
- Integrate services and code to expand scope of current analytics environments
- Define and drive the vision for your products
- Work directly with the Product Manager and end-users to constantly deliver products in a highly collaborative and agile environment
Who You Are:
- Curious. You ask why, you explore, you're not afraid of challenging the status quo
- Passionate. You care about growing others and bringing them together around what's possible. You've started Meetup groups or taught courses because you love enabling others.
- Communicator. You can communicate complex ideas clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences, your team knows their priorities and so does your manager.
- Do-er. You have a bias toward action, you try things, and you wear your failures as a badge of honor
- Fearless. Big, undefined problems don't frighten you.
- Improver. You take pride in your work and have a high bar. You improve every system you touch.
- Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
- At least 2 years supporting a business intelligence environment (Tableau, Birst, or Qlik)
- At least 2 years of experience with system scripting or query writing
- At least 2 years of experience working with diverse data sources, including both structured and unstructured data
- At least 2 years of experience in Agile methodologies
- At least 2 years' experience with Windows Server or Unix/Linux systems
- 2+ years designing and implementing Cloud Services
- 2+ years' experience operating and managing environments in AWS Cloud.
- 2+ years of experience in programming languages such as Python and Java
- 2+ years of experience with advanced analytics technologies
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top