Master Agile Coach
West Creek 8 (12080), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Master Agile Coach
This position plays more of an "Agile Technical Execution Coach" who has a deep experience in product development lifecycle and software development technical knowledge as well as coaching, and mentoring experience.
The Technical Agile Coach will be responsible for coaching and mentoring IT and business resources at both the team and program levels, including Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Technical Leads and executives to leverage agile principles, engineering practices and frameworks in order to deliver high value business capabilities. This role serves as a subject matter expert on scaling agile development, embraces servant leadership, understanding of engineering practices such as pair programming, TDD, BDD, CICD, etc and displays behaviors that come with the key mindset shifts associated with being agile. This position requires deep knowledge and experience with Agile and to be able to apply and adapt thinking and practices to various situations as a Coach.
• Coach and mentor business and technology resources on their respective agile responsibilities as well as how to be effective in agile roles.
• Coach a strategy for execution alignment across teams and tribes to produce and deliver the highest quality products, predictable pace and with a consistent velocity.
• Provides hands-on coaching of scrum teams in all aspects of scrum (facilitating daily stand-up meetings, sprint planning, scrum of scrums, sprint demo and retrospective meetings, backlog grooming, daily routines, self-organization, collaboration, iterative development, managing flow, calculating velocity, limiting work in progress, etc).
• Concentration on developing execution leaders, Scrum Masters and closely partnering with the Product Owner(s), Tech Leads and key business stakeholders to guide the value stream.
• Establish program level cadence and drive program level ceremonies (e.g. PI Planning, Scrum of Scrums, etc).
• Work with other business and technology leaders to drive the definition and refinement of the business intent backlog and partner with Delivery Leads to define and develop a comprehensive engineering excellence technology backlog.
• Ensure cross-value stream coordination and collaboration.
• Serve as an escalation for impediment removal for the Scrum Masters and scrum teams.
• Assesses the maturity of the team and organization and coaches the team around continuous improvement opportunities, at a pace that is sustainable and appropriate for the team, tribe and organization.
• Reviews current agile processes, drives process improvements and challenges team to innovate.
• Coach agile engineering best practices such as test-driven development (TDD), DevOps, continuous integration (CI) and test automation.
• Facilitates discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
• Works well with other coaches and consultants.
• Remains informed about industry trends and best practices concerning agile, agile engineering practices, and advances those best practices in the organization.
• Bachelor's Degree
• At least 7 years of product and application development experience in leadership roles.
• At least 5 years of experience working on large scale, multiple scrum team projects.
• At least 3 Years of Agile experience
• At least 2 years of people management experience
• At least 1 year of agile coaching experience
• 5+ years of experience with agile engineering practices and techniques such as User Stories, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Automated Testing, Agile Games. Master's Degree
• 3+ years of experience with agile framework support tools such as VersionOne, Rally, JIRA, Confluence, TFS, etc.
• Scrum Alliance CSM or CSP certification or PMI's Agile Certified Professional (ACP)
• Agile or Professional Coaching certification
• PMP, Lean, Agile or Six Sigma certification
• SAFe certified or other scaled agile frameworks
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top