McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Capital One, a Fortune Magazine "100 Best Companies to Work For," is seeking an innovative and data-driven Marketing Manager to develop and execute integrated marketing campaigns including, brand strategy, communications, customer incentives, content marketing development, experiential marketing and influencer-based executions. This high-profile marketing role is responsible for the development and delivery of customer- focused solutions to business problems, including marketing strategies and industry-leading customer experiences, to drive results for our business. In this role, you will have the opportunity to take your leadership, marketing strategy and technical skills to the next level.
To be successful, the candidate will need to work across multiple marketing channels and build powerful relationships across the organization.
- Develop and implement marketing strategies and customer experiences across multiple customer segments and channels
- Collaborate with analyst teams as an embedded marketing specialist to understand total business performance and build on analysis to identify new opportunities and adjust marketing/ testing strategies
- Synthesize and implement research insights, marketing trends, competitive landscape, and macro external factors in strategy and product recommendations
- Identify and implement marketing trends and innovations, competitive news and industry best practices that improve results and Brand impact
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including partners from: Marketing & Analysis (P&L owners), Digital Design, Tech, Operations/Production, Legal etc.
- Lead execution of learning agenda and testing investment strategy
- Influence internal decision makers with formal recommendations and informal networking through excellent communication
- Work proactively in an agile environment and identify when to work outside the process in whitespace
Associate should bring:
- A curious mindset, specifically about the "why" behind customer attitudes and behaviors
- Multi-Channel marketing and communication experience, including digital and direct response marketing
- Experience in marketing plan and creative development, UX design, consumer research and innovative approaches to increasing response and engagement
- Strong project management skills
- Experience managing creative teams and agencies, and writing effective creative briefs
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams within an organization
- Ability to handle details of multiple projects, deadlines and changing priorities simultaneously while maintaining excellent and accurate work
- A passion for leveraging data, metrics and insights to drive results and learnings
- Proactivity to identify potential hurdles within a project and take the lead on solving them
- Highly effective communication skills with outstanding writing, editing, and presentation abilities
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in multi-channel marketing, including data-driven direct response
- At least 5 years of experience in planning, execution, and analysis of marketing programs
- At least 5 years of experience in managing creative teams and agencies
- At least 5 years of experience in leading cross-functional teams in a matrixed environment
- MBA, marketing specialty
- 3 years of experience in financial services marketing
- 1 years of experience working in an Agile team environment
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top