Market Research (Social Science Researcher)
1750 Tysons (12023), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Market Research (Social Science Researcher)
Company & Department Overview:
Consistently named one of the 100 Best Places to Work by Fortune, Working Mother, and the Human Rights Campaign Foundation, Capital One is leading the way in redefining financial services.
This is an exciting time to join our team. Capital One Bank is poised for breakout growth in the coming years. We're making significant investments in customer insights, technology, advertising, physical presence and product enhancements with an emphasis on establishing lifelong customer relationships across a broad range of financial products.
Within Capital One Bank, the Insight to Incite team is building a new insights practice to provide foundational understanding about how the consumer thinks and feels while interacting with one's finances. In this role, you will enhance customer understanding and empathy, delivering actionable customer insights that help drive overall Bank strategy.
Capital One Bank seeks a Principal Associate who will bring the best of social sciences to the establishment of a new pillar of insight for the business. The successful candidate will study and socialize the psychological, social, and neurological underpinnings of consumer decision-making and behavioral biases as it relates to consumer finances. In this high-impact role, you will partner closely with team leaders and associates to develop, deliver, and apply business critical insights that inform key strategic initiatives across the Bank and support delivery of a differentiated consumer experience.
- Grounded in research fundamentals – understands what is required to get quality insights and can assess when and how to make tradeoffs between speed and quality
- Experienced in behaviorally-based research to better understand consumer decision making
- A great storyteller – can influence stakeholders by packaging and presenting insights in a compelling way
- Curious, self-motivated and entrepreneurial – interested in proactively proposing and pursuing new research projects to address partner questions
- Synthesize key findings across multiple, interdisciplinary sources, culminating in research-backed business recommendations
- Disseminate research findings and consult with teams on how to activate on these insights
- Draft research reports, including developing data charts, graphs, and presentations
- Partner with and manage vendors as they execute research studies
- Present insights to business partners, leaders, and other stakeholders that drive business actions
- Keep current with leading research institutions and publications
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- 2 years of professional research experience
- Master's degree in Psychology, Behavioral Economics, Anthropology, Neurology, or other social science with a strong research foundation
- Five or more years of professional research experience
- Proficiency in identifying and analyzing data sets in Excel and/or R
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top