Market Leader, Walmart Field Sales
77 West Wacker Dr (35012), United States of America, Chicago, Illinois
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Market Leader, Walmart Field Sales
Are you hungry to be at the forefront of innovation, to help define and create a never-been-done-before experience that will benefit hundreds of millions of Americans? Capital One is partnering with Walmart, the largest company in the US by revenue, to revolutionize the future of retail for Americans. Capital One is changing banking for good. Walmart aims to save people money so that they can live better. Together, we're teaming up to leverage our combined scale, data, and brands, to redefine the payments experience and deliver great credit products and valuable rewards to millions of Americans. With Walmart's size and scale and Capital One's tech horsepower and underwriting capabilities, we'll create a revolutionary omnichannel shopping experience and payments platform that will shape the future of commerce. We need innovative, adaptive, go-getters to propel us forward on this journey.
Capital One is seeking a talented Market Leader to join the Walmart Field sales team. In this exciting role, you will build a network of meaningful relationships with multiple levels of Walmart leaders within an assigned territory to drive retailer excitement and engagement while paving the path for other field representatives to follow. This person is responsible for providing regional and store level client leadership and ensuring regional strategies are effectively rolled out to stores.
The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit and serve as an advocate for our retail partner while also focusing on risk management across their portfolio. They will be innovative, highly organized, and have a measurable, demonstrated ability to drive business results while leading high performing teams.
This is a remote position, with the expectation of 50% of time in-store, to include occasional evenings and Saturdays (at least 1 evening and 1 Saturday per month) for marketing activities that correlate with highest store traffic periods, with overnight travel as needed.
- Refine and implement card sales model from top down by leveraging industry best practices and understanding of market trends
- Inform, design and influence annual sales strategy for growing, retaining and improving card performance and in-store customer experience
- Analyze and leverage data to inform account manager strategy with the goal of identifying growth / highest leverage opportunities across the portfolio
- Collaborate with retail partners to ensure legal and regulatory compliance related to card issuance
- Partner with Capital One Marketing on the execution of in-store marketing and customer experience programs
- Partner with Capital One field leadership to capture customer and partner insights to inform the broader partnership strategy
- Support retail partner leadership with change management and continuous improvement initiatives as needed
- Hire and retain the best talent and build diverse teams to deliver best-in-class support for retail partner
- Lead Field Account Manager teams to deliver a superior customer experience
- Craft and share a powerful vision for the future and inspire breakthrough innovation that drives results from the field team
- Monitor territory performance and adjust geography strategy as needed
- Define roles, responsibilities, and performance assessment mechanisms for field teams
- Appreciate, reward and elevate great performance
- Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in a client facing role
- At least 3 years of experience in a sales management role
- 5+ years of outside B2B sales experience
- 5+ years of experience leading a remote team
- 7+ years of experience in a client facing role
- 2+ years of experience in SalesForce.com
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top