Manager, Technology Audit (IT Audit)
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager, Technology Audit (IT Audit)
Corporate Audit Services (CAS), the Internal Audit function within Capital One, is a dedicated group of audit professionals focused on delivering top quality assurance services to the organization's Audit Committee. The CAS department is considered one of the leading internal audit functions within the financial services industry and is highly regarded within Capital One. CAS professionals are experienced, well-trained and credentialed, and operate within a collaborative, agile environment to deliver value-added opinions and recommendations. In addition, the CAS vision of Innovate Continually, Perform Brilliantly, and Set the Standard create a dynamic and challenging atmosphere for both personal growth and professional opportunity.
Capital One is seeking an energetic, self-motivated Technology Audit Manager interested in becoming part of our Corporate Audit Services team. As a member of the Technology Audit team, the candidate will focus on audits of reviews of IT processes, cybersecurity risks, applications, and core infrastructure. In addition, the manager will work closely with members of the Technology, operational, and finance audit teams as it relates to IT's supporting role for key processes. Each audit assignment enables the candidate to demonstrate business, technical and industry knowledge while assessing business risks, identifying key controls, and performing risk-based testing of application and general computer controls. The candidate will also facilitate knowledge sharing of best practices and industry trends to team members, and contribute to thought leadership activities within the Technology Audit team. The candidate will work independently, with guidance from Audit management as needed. Career development and growth opportunities exist through our established training programs within the Corporate Audit Services team, as well as in IT and business functions. The candidate will be expected to maintain all organizational and professional ethical standards.
Here's what we're looking for in an ideal teammate:
- You believe insight and objectivity are core elements to providing assurance on the effectiveness and efficiency of Capital One's governance, risk management, and internal control processes.
- You adapt to change, embrace bold ideas, and are intellectually curious. You like to ask questions, test assumptions, and challenge conventional thinking.
- You develop influential relationships based upon shared risk objectives and trust to deliver outstanding business impact and elevate Audit's value proposition.
- You're a firm believer that a rich understanding of data, innovation, and technical knowledge will only make you a better Auditor. This will require leveraging the power of data analytics and furthering your technical know how, so you'll want to ensure that technology doesn't scare you off.
- You're a teacher. You have a passion for coaching and investing in the betterment of your team.
- Lastly, you create energy and an environment that make it easy to attract, hire, and retain top talent.
- Leads audits or significant components of audits, including core infrastructure, cybersecurity, risk management, application, and third-party audits. Develops engagement planning documentation to communicate rationale for scoping decisions and develops audit programs to ensure adequate coverage of risk.
- Designs and executes internal control testing for audits, demonstrating a degree of audit expertise consistent with experience level. Understands the broader context and implications of the various risks affecting the business.
- Supervises and coordinates work assignments amongst audit team members. Provides timely feedback and coaching to audit staff.
- Establishes and maintains good auditee relations during engagements. Identifies the expectations of the auditee and takes actions to support the auditee experience.
- For major components of audits, assesses relevancy of audit findings, potential exposures, materiality, improving or deteriorating trends, and demonstrates awareness of big picture issues. Interprets business priorities, anticipates issues and obstacles, and applies to scope of role. Identifies and implements efficiencies in executing test work.
- Manages timely and quality delivery of multiple tasks, including audits, projects, special assignments, and administrative tasks. Self-prioritizes and independently completes multiple tasks across the team and department. Demonstrates the ability to successfully meet deadlines for the audit engagement.
- On audit engagements, facilitates teamwork, coordinates and leverages available resources to complete engagements on time. Builds and utilizes relationships outside immediate Corporate Audit Services team to improve overall quality.
- Effectively communicates audit process scope, protocol, issues, risks and recommendations to clients during kick-off, periodic status updates, and exit meetings
As one of the "100 Best Companies to Work For," you can look forward to coming to work every day with a team of people that are committed to excellence and doing the right thing.
- Bachelors Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in information systems auditing, at least 5 years of experience in information systems risk management, at least 5 years of experience in IT project management or a combination
- At least 2 years of experience in leading audits and performing in the role of auditor-in-charge
- Master's Degree in Auditing, Master's Degree in Accounting, Master's Degree in Information Systems or Master of Business Administration
- Certified Information Systems Auditor ( CISA ), Certified Internal Auditor ( CIA ) or Certified Public Accountant ( CPA ), Certified Information Systems Security Professional ( CISSP ), Certified Information Security Manager ( CISM )
- 4+ years of working knowledge of IT control frameworks, their application to audits of IT controls, and experience in performing audits of technical nature
- 2+ years of experience in Banking or 2+ years of experience in financial services industry
- 1+ years of experience performing data analysis in support of internal auditing
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top