Manager, Systems Operation Engineer
7900 Westpark Drive (12131), United States of America, Tysons, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager, Systems Operation Engineer
This role will support all hardware and operating system software from an Operations perspective. The Facility Planner will work closely with various lines of business to support all facility and physical security activities. The Planner will be the first point of contact for internal customers and external vendors seeking support and information
Technical Hardware and Operating System SME (VMWare, AIX, Linux, Windows) to provide day to day support and gain efficiencies via automation.
The role involves expertise in platforms and automation skills to simplify maintenance, break/fix, and design for supporting systems in our Data Center.
- Server support coverage for operating systems (VMWare, AIX, Linux, Windows 2008, Windows 2012, Window 2016)
- Hardware maintenance and inventory
- Works with cross-functional teams. Partners with peers to understand areas of opportunity and to provide recommendations and improvements to processes, projects and services.
- Lead a team of technical staff and provide direction as well as leadership
- Develop reports for audit, security, capacity and design to be shared with upper level management
- Ability to interact and interface with vendors and negotiate contracts
- Breadth of skill across all platforms
- Have an affinity to automate and partner with other teams to resolve incident within the environment
- Troubleshoot complex environments
- Ability to deep dive on technical problems and leverage available tools for resolution of complex problems
- Identifies opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Drive automation, self-service enablement, operational efficiency
- On-call support when scheduled (24x7)
- Must be able to drive to site within 30 minutes
- At least 5 years of technical experience with one of the following: VMWare, AIX, Linux, Windows 2008, Windows 2012, Window 2016
- At least 3 years of experience in hardware and software support
- At least 2 years of people management experience
- Bachelors Degree in Information Systems/MIS or Science
- 5+ years' experience in IT Development
- 1+ year of experience with open source or cloud technologies (AWS Preferred)
- 1+ year of either PHP, Python, Perl or Ruby
- 1+ year of experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
- Ability to read and interpret Red Hat crash dumps
- 3+ years' experience supporting Agile delivery organizations
- 3+ years' experience with white box
- 3+ years' experience with software defined servers
- 3+ years' experience with network defined servers
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top