Manager, Strategy & Delivery Project Manager (Risk Portfolio)
West Creek 5 (12075), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager, Strategy & Delivery Project Manager (Risk Portfolio)
Managers on the Commercial Strategy & Delivery team demonstrate independence in solving complex problems and are seen as trusted change advisors influencing strategy development and execution. Using agile principles, they conduct and coordinate analysis that supports the development and execution of corporate or line of business strategy. They regularly integrate and influence multiple workstreams. Seen as a strong consultant by business and strategy partners in developing and delivering programs that help to answer specific business questions or inform change management strategy development. Communicate results of research/analysis and delivery to senior leadership.
This role will engage our Commercial Bank Risk Office partners managing project work that defining and executing both regulatory compliance activities and initiatives that strengthen our risk culture and processes.
- Transformation Leadership and Management:
- Consult with business partners to understand complex problems and focus on bringing issues to resolution, influencing and escalating as necessary to meet timelines. Includes clarifying and defining transformation requirements / scope for cross-functional problems.
- Conduct independent research and analysis to solve ambiguous client problems. Work with transformation teams to develop recommendations to clients (e.g., senior management and/or executives) enabling them to make key business decisions.
- Own high impact transformation initiatives and contribute to the overall outcomes, definition, scoping, design, and delivery.
- Manage multiple initiatives simultaneously using strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Distill big picture intent into to tactical requirements and implementation plans.
- Create and deliver presentations to senior management. Guide and influence senior management discussions and decisions.
- Create over-arching roadmaps, communication and change management plans.
- Ultimately responsible for day-to-day operational aspects of the initiative; participate in agile ceremonies and backlog grooming, benefits definition, management of changes, decisions, issues and risks, and assigning and managing team accountabilities.
- Ultimately responsible for timely completion of all deliverables and initiative intent
- Expertise Development:
- Develop expertise on departmental processes and procedures through participation in change initiatives and a willingness to learn.
- Participate in team meetings with CML clients and confidentially integrate with these same clients across the organization.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 3 Years of leading large scale transformations using Agile concepts and team structures
- At least 1 Year of People Management experience
- At least 3 years of Financial services or banking industry experience
- Master's degree or MBA
- At least 5 years of experience leading large scale transformations
- At least 3 years of People Management experience
- At least 3 years of Corporate Strategy Consulting experience
- Commercial Banking experience
- Agile, Lean, or Six Sigma certification
- Consulting or strategic advisory background
- Banking or Regulatory Risk Management experience in the KYC and or Fraud areas
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent problem solving and influencing skills
- Business case analytics
- Executive communications and presentations
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top