Manager, Solution Architecture
7900 Westpark Drive (12131), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager, Solution Architecture
Do you have a passion for architecting solutions that leverage the latest technologies to deliver secure, reliable, resilient and scalable data management solutions? Capital One is seeking a Manager, Solutions Architect to transform our data ecosystem.
Acting as an internal consultant to business and information technology delivery teams, the ideal candidate will architect and design solutions that are strategic for the business and built using latest technologies and techniques. Utilizing in-depth knowledge of infrastructure, open source technologies and data engineering, you will develop the strategy, achieve business and engineering buy-in, and monitor execution toward the target architecture across the enterprise.
As Manager, Solutions Architect, you will need to understand how to apply technologies in categories such as:
- Cloud Computing Services (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Container ecosystem (Kubernetes, Docker, istio etc.)
- Agile engineering practices - Continuous Delivery, DevOps (P/IaaS Automation)
- Data Integration Patterns
- Machine learning - SageMaker, Apache Spark, etc
- Open Source Software
- Defining technical software architectures to drive our business and technology strategies for best tools company wide
- Possess extensive working knowledge with architectural tools in broader technology community
- Providing business, application and technology consulting in feasibility discussions with technology team members and business partners
- Defining, executing and continuously improving our internal software architecture processes
- Being a technology thought leader and strategist
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 5 years of experience in a Technology Leadership position
- At least 3 years of experience in leading Cloud Transformation Initiatives
- At least 2 years of experience in Application Architecture
- Master's Degree in Computer Science
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Proven ability to champion an idea and bring a group to consensus.
- Ability to engage, influence and drive initiatives by patterning with technology executives.
- Proven ability to set technical strategy, applying an in-depth understanding of the business strategy governing that area
- Excellent problem-solving skills involving complex and ambiguous issues
At this time Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top