Manager Software Engineering (Python, Docker, AWS)
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager Software Engineering (Python, Docker, AWS)
We are looking for a passionate technologist with a knack for delivery to join a team of engineers to build automated, cloud based environments and tools to support our Data Science and Quantitative Analyst communities. We are re-imagining how predictive models are delivered at Capital One, and we will not rest until Capital One is on the leading edge of how financial institutions rapidly build and progress predictive models from an idea to production execution.
On any given day, you will:
- Design and code full stack data products within our AWS environments
- Define and drive the vision for your product
- Produce code that is sufficiently supported by unit tests
- Participate in peer code reviews
- Work directly with the Product Manager and end-users to constantly deliver products in a highly collaborative and agile environment
- Manage the performance and career growth of resources on your team
Who You Are:
- Curious. You ask why, you explore, you're not afraid of challenging the status quo
- Passionate. You care about growing others and bringing them together around what's possible. You've started Meetup groups or taught courses because you love enabling others.
- Communicator. You can communicate complex ideas clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences, your team knows their priorities and so does your manager.
- Do-er. You have a bias toward action, you try things, and you wear your failures as a badge of honor
- Fearless. Big, undefined problems don't frighten you.
- Improver. You take pride in your work and have a high bar. You improve every piece of code you touch
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in working on the full SDLC
- At least 3 years of experience building applications in python
- At least 2 years of experience building applications that leverage distributed computing (Spark, EMR)
- At least 2 years of experience with Unix/Linux systems
- At least 2 years of experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- At least 3 years of experience working with automated build and continuous integration systems such as CircleCI, Jenkins, ansible, chef or puppet
- At least 3 years experience with git version control
- 5+ years experience building applications in python
- 5+ years experience working with an object oriented or functional programming language (Java, Scala)
- 3+ years experience working with Docker
- 2+ years experience working with a container management solution (ECS, DC/OS, Kubernetes)
- Micro services architecture (design and implementation)
- Familiar with RESTful web service framework
- 2+ years of experience managing performance of team resources
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top