Manager, Software Engineering
West Creek 4 (12074), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager, Software Engineering
This role will support/lead the technical design and implementation of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems with a focus on delivering efficient, reliable, resilient, scalable, and high performing solutions. The resource is accountable for partnering with various teams (internal and 3rd party technical teams) in identifying options, driving reviews and detailed analysis, developing solutions and providing technical direction.
- Manages complex troubleshooting efforts that cross multiple platforms and technical disciplines
- Able to quickly understand business needs and translate these needs into technical solutions
- Implements standard patterns and solutions to increase design and implementation efficiency
- Recognizes and implements automation opportunities
- Actively solicit, analyze, and negotiate customer requirements
- Assimilate information and requirements from a variety of sources into one comprehensive view
- Very strong communication skills and ability to interact with internal IT, third party vendors, and business partners
- Learn & analyze complex, interconnected business processes / systems
- Translate requirements into technical specs for core IT teams to figure out how we are going to reach a solution
- Manage multiple tasks / projects in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Focus on reuse, scalability, resilience and performance of the solution
- Identify technical obstacles early and work closely with teams to find creative solutions
- Educate team members (including BSAs, Scrum Masters and Product Owners) on capabilities and constraints of technology platforms
- Consistently share best practices and improve processes within and across sprint teams
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of People Management experience
- At least 3 years of experience practicing Agile methodologies
- At least 5 years of software development experience
- 2+ years of cloud engineering experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top