Manager Software Engineering - DevOps
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager Software Engineering - DevOps
Are you a DevOps engineer that thrives in a vibrant, innovative and collaborative team environment? Do you want to work for a tech company that builds its own products? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking.
As a DevOps Engineer at Capital One you will be challenged with the responsibility of working on cutting-edge solutions in an advanced cloud environment.
You will have the opportunity to collaborate with passionate professionals in the DevOps and developer community at Capital One. In addition, you will bring strong cloud expertise, excellent communication skills, and a passion for documentation. You will be insatiably curious - you ask why, you explore, and are not be afraid to share your ideas. Last but not least, you love learning new technologies-we're always evolving!
What you'll be doing:
• Working with business partners, architects, and other groups to identify technical and functional needs of systems and determine priority of needs.
• Work within a team of like-minded professionals to plan, deploy, and maintain critical business applications prod/non-prod cloud environments.
• Design and implement appropriate environments for those applications, engineer suitable release management procedures and provide production support.
• Influence other teams and broader Engineering groups in adopting Cloud technologies, processes, and best practices.
• Work with DevOps leaders in other groups to define and align on standard operating procedures and best practices
• Automate the provisioning of environments
• Developing and enabling continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) for search system components.
• Troubleshooting problems, involving the appropriate resources and driving resolution of issues with a focus on minimizing impact to our customers.
• Participate in the Agile DevOps design, development, testing, and release of new capabilities and features with focus on release and post-production support.
• Represent production support for the suite of apps in the domain in Agile stand-ups, planning sessions and deployment activities.
• Drive improvements to processes and design enhancements to automation to continuously improve the production environment.
• Coordinates, approves, and/or performs changes to the production environment.
• Bachelor's degree or military experience.
• At least 5 years of experience with AWS.
• At least 5 years of experience implementing automated environment delivery and developing automation workflows and routines.
• At least 3 years of experience in people management
• At least 3 years of experience with Open Source tools such as Chef and Jenkins.
• At least 6 years of experience in an availability critical system implementation.
• At least 6 years of experience in technology delivery in a DevOps and Cloud Engineering environment.
• At least 4 years of experience with Linux, server automation and scripting.
• At least 4 years of experience with OOP concepts and with modern scripting languages and frameworks.
• At least 4 years of experience in infrastructure design, implementation and delivery.
• At least 3 years of experience with monitoring tools such as Splunk or Zabbix.
• At least 3 years of experience with Container technology using Docker.
• At least 3 years of experience working with Agile Development Practices.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top