Manager, Software Engineering
Benjamin Franklin (18052), United States of America, Wilmington, Delaware
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager, Software Engineering
Do you want to change the way the world banks? Do you have the desire to work and learn alongside some of the best people in the industry? Are you a person that gets excited at leading through change? Do you have a desire to further your knowledge of lean principles and platform management in the Cloud? If so, this opportunity is for you.
This position is for a dynamic and strategic leader who can join the teams in middle and start making difference from day one. In this role as a Senior Manager, you will provide technology leadership, design/architectural guidance, remove impediments and be part of driving successful delivery of the key initiates. Clear & crisp communication and setting up right expectations, maintaining customer focus and relation, building confidence with business are key responsibilities.
As an Engineering Manager, you will provide technical guidance and leadership to the Agile teams while being hands on in development work as needed. Removing technical impediments, designing the platform/application implementations with cutting edge technologies and leading a successful team are core parts of responsibilities. This position requires working in fast paced environment which needs realigning priorities and changing strategies for successful implementation of business requirements.• Execution – Deliver on-time with high bar of quality our engineering solutions
- Must be able to work and influence a large number of cross functional teams
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and learn from other members of the engineering community
- Experience in driving new tools and processes to agile development teams
- Proven expertise in adopting innovation at workplace
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Have a growth mindset with the ability to adopt new practices and spearhead adoption
- Proficiency with standard ITIL processes, including Change, Incident, and Release management
- Bachelor's Degree OR military experience
- At least 7 years of experience in software engineering, platform engineering, middleware or database technology
- At least 3 years of technology leadership experience building customer facing products
- At least 3 years of Cloud centric micro-services application architecture experience
- Master's in Information Technology OR Master's degree in Computer Science
- 3+ years of experience managing medium to large size agile teams
- 3+ years of experience with the AWS eco-system, toolsets and deployment architecture
- 3+ years of leading modern development approaches (containerization, cloud, continuous delivery, micro-services, modular reactive web applications)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top