Manager, Software Engineering
Benjamin Franklin (18052), United States of America, Wilmington, Delaware
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager, Software Engineering
Manager, Software Engineering position with Capital One Services II LLC in Wilmington, DE; Multiple positions available:
- Lead overall technical design, development, modification, and implementation of computer applications using existing and emerging technology platforms.
- Analyze internal user needs and desired results and develop software solutions with responsibility for the delivery of software applications.
- Coordinate the work of project teams along multiple workstreams. Develop complex applications using Java EE, Spring, SOAP, RESTful, Web UI, and Test Automation.
- Write, design, code, test, implement, and debug programs adhering to corporate requirements and standards.
- Perform application testing and validation, programming, and documentation.
- Document design decisions and develop software components, adhering to existing process guidelines.
- Coordinate software installation and monitor implementation process.
- Monitor system performance trends and identify potential issues.
- Own change management process for assigned configuration items.
- Present complex IT concepts and project metrics to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Identify opportunities for improvement.
This position requires a Master's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Science, or a related technical field and 2 years of experience in job offered or application development. In lieu of a Master's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Science, or a related technical field and 2 years of experience in job offered or application development will accept a Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in the stated field and 5 years of progressive post-baccalaureate experience as stated. Said or other experience must include at least 6 months of experience in: Coordinating work of others along multiple workstreams; presentation of complex IT concepts and project metrics to both technical and non-technical audiences; Java EE; Spring; SOAP; RESTful; Web UI; and Test Automation. All listed qualifications may or may not be acquired concurrently. Must pass company's assessment.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top