Manager, Social Media Brand Strategy
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager, Social Media Brand Strategy
Are you a passionate social media marketer with a track record of delivering breakthrough results? Are you a strategic thought leader with experience leading a strong team driving social media marketing for big brands? If you're persuasive, analytically rigorous, highly collaborative, and adept at bringing ideas to life in creative ways you may be the perfect match for our Brand Manager position.
This role will develop the social media marketing strategy for lines of business including the Card and Digital Tools & Innovations teams, as well as the campaign process from end-to-end. The ideal candidate will work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to understand business objectives with the goal of informing strategic intent for social posts. They will brief creative teams, provide strategic guidance and guardrails for paid media support, and work with internal partners, as well as legal teams, to ensure we are publishing a regular cadence of brand-defining content that delivers on Capital One's strategy and brand standards. The candidate will also be responsible for measuring the results of social media initiatives and applying learnings to future campaigns.
What the Social Media Strategist will do:
- Own the social strategy for Card and Digital Tools & Innovation across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Snapchat, etc.
- Develop content calendar for all social media content across a range of Card and Digital Tools & Innovations for our enterprise social channels in accordance with a content strategy. Campaigns may include our Venture and Quicksilver cards, or Digital Tools and Innovations such as our Capital One mobile apps, mobile payments, and our Intelligent Assistant capabilities (Eno, Alexa).
- Develop thoughtful media briefs for our paid social media planners and advise on social advertising strategies and recommendations that best meet the objectives of your lines of business
- Develop and oversee the creative marketing process – including writing and presenting of creative briefs, the day-to-day management of agencies, and providing oversight of creative development to ensure marketing assets are on brand, high quality, unassailable, and being delivered on schedule
- Drive insights and learnings that influence our publishing agenda
- Make strategic recommendations that drive social engagement, impressions, or conversions
- Manage input from cross-functional stakeholders (internal & external partners, creative team, legal, compliance, etc.)
- Optimize marketing strategies informed by past results, market changes and consumer insights
- Manage one high-performing direct report
What you will bring to the role:
- Experience working with and inspiring creative teams with smart strategies, managing agency relationships on both strategic and creative projects, developing paid media strategies for social, and influencing others across a variety of marketing functions
- Expertise across all major social platforms. Including: Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
- Experience developing and executing Paid Media campaigns across several of the major social platforms – preferably for a large consumer brand
- Keen process orientation and ability to work independently to resolve problems, yet with a strategic sense for how and when to effectively manage up
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with flawless execution while adhering to tight timelines, also making sure efforts are meeting the business needs at every touch point
- Proven experience developing creative briefs and working closely with creative and agency teams to ensure we deliver on them successfully
- Ability to partner effectively with cross-functional teams, work autonomously, and navigate ambiguity (including senior stakeholders, creative teams, operations, legal, PR etc.)
- Persuasive communicator both orally and in writing
- Demonstrated history of delivering marketing innovation for large scale brand
- Skilled relationship-builder with strong aptitude for client relationship management
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience.
- At least 6 years of experience in marketing of consumer products and services with heavy emphasis on digital.
- At least 3 years of social media marketing experience (content creation, social media advertising, social content strategy)
- At least 2 years of running paid social campaigns
- At least 2 years of experience with a large consumer brand
- At least 8 years of experience in marketing or advertising with a heavy emphasis on social or digital
- At least 1 year of experience in financial services, digital brand/products, or other highly regulated industry
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top