Manager, Service Readiness
7900 Westpark Drive (12131), United States of America, Tysons, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager, Service Readiness
Capital One is seeking a Manager, Service Readiness to manage the end user experience for a large, complex environment.
- Ensure new Services have a fully developed end-to-end support structure, including Processes, SLAs, KPIs, WLAs and OSS monitoring commensurate with business requirements and priorities.
- Act as a gate keeper function that ensures effective transfer to support in compliance with the Service Readiness Process (SRP) for all new services introduced via the business project lifecycle.
- Define and deliver the end to end support model with all key stakeholders across multiple delivery organizations
- Ensure training requirements and any other non-functional requirements are defined and delivered against the agreed Service Acceptance Criteria.
- Ensure that appropriate lifecycle resourcing, training, tooling, support and documentation is delivered with a formal project sign-off from all key stakeholders.
- Identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in data sets and provide ongoing monthly reports
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Must have a passion for understanding customer needs and influencing plans to address them
- Provide fully documented services, which are updated and maintained throughout the life of the service and are aligned to ITILv3 best practice.
- Ensure effective de-commissioning of services that are deemed
end of life- to confirm the remove of all operational facilities, and redundant equipment, whilst ensuring any operational dependencies are effectively managed
- Represent the Operations team at all project meetings to define and implement service acceptance criteria for both new and changing services.
- Work with Project Managers, Business Owners, Service Owners, Managed Service Partners, Operations teams and 3rd parties to ensure that projects are delivered in compliance with the SRP.
- Ensure that any new 3rd party contracts contain an agreed support schedule which aligns with the proposed support model and is backed up with SLAs managed through regular service reviews.
- Interface with the Project Support Office to ensure adequate Service Transition and Back Office Operations Team coverage across all relevant work requests.
- Ensure all operational support material is completed to a high standard by all relevant Design and Service Transition functions.
- Ensure an effective set of performance metrics and service levels are delivered for new services.
- Participate in end to end stakeholder groups to improve the efficiency of future deliveries and processes.
- Identify and manage Operations risks to ensure a successful transition to service.
- Provide Governance of the SRP, and Sign Off for all key project stages and artefacts
- Commitment to service excellence and customer experience
- Flexibility in a rapidly changing and developing environment
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of process management experience
- At least 5 years of IT industry experience
- At least 1 year of experience with agile methodology
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Engineering or military experience
- 2+ years experience managing IT operations team
- ITIL Certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top