Manager - Service Management Transformation
7900 Westpark Drive (12131), United States of America, Tysons, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager - Service Management Transformation
We are looking for driven individuals to join our team of passionate engineers to create Capital One's next generation of infrastructure services. Our team lives on the bleeding edge of technology, working directly with world-class engineers to operationalize new ways of working by innovating processes, data analytics, and automating tasks. As a Manager of Software Engineering at Capital One, you'll be an individual contributor responsible for solutioning and development efforts to support a major service management transformation initiative, using ServiceNow (PaaS). Whether it is developing a service catalog for the enterprise, or reinventing change management for cloud delivery to finding new insightful data to help drive better performance of our core systems, you will be at the center of our tech universe. You will also be responsible for helping with efforts tied to improving our existing service management processes and data quality initiatives. You will be a critical contributor responsible to deliver target state capabilities for our service management ecosystem.
- Experience with IT Service Management systems
- Experience with Service Transition of new systems from project initiation to production environments
- Adopting new best practices for integration with a cloud environment.
- Strong understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC) and comfortable working with Scrum Agile process.
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Demonstrates strong problem-solving, inter personal and communication skills.
- Implementation of target state process and data models.
- Work closely with Architects, operational support teams and other technical teams to ensure ITSM tools are implemented in a controlled and predictive manner
- Closely follows the strategic direction set by senior management when establishing near term goals
- Ensures alignment of ITSM solutions to business needs
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 3 years of experience in technology infrastructure services or application development
- At least 2 years of experience working with large scale enterprise IT transformation projects tied to leading development and implementation of new operating models to support transformation and modernization
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in technology infrastructure services or application development
- 4+ years of experience working with large scale enterprise IT transformation projects tied to leading development and implementation of new operating models to support transformation and modernization
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top