Manager, Scrum Master RaFT CRM
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager, Scrum Master RaFT CRM
Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation's top 10 banks, offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. Our mission is to create one of the nation's great banks, and we have the necessary ingredients: a strong balance sheet, resilient businesses, a massive customer franchise, strong analytical capabilities, and great people. We nurture a work environment that values diversity of thought and ideas where people from a variety of backgrounds guided by our shared Values come together to make Capital One a great company - and a great place to work.
- Scrum Master for dedicated team/POD with 80% co-location
- Ensure Scrum is understood and enacted. Scrum Masters do this by ensuring that the Scrum Teams adhere to Scrum theory, practices, and rules:
- Leading and coaching the organization in its Scrum adoption
- Helping employees and stakeholders understand and enact Scrum and empirical product development
- Enact change & continuous improvement to increase the productivity of the team and quality of deliverables
- Comply with Capital One policies for project delivery
- Work with other Scrum Masters and Agile Community of Practice to increase the effectiveness of scrums in the organization
- Facilitate scrum ceremonies including sprint planning, retrospectives, and daily stand-ups
- Remove impediments to the team's progress to its sprint commitments
- Manage business relationships with other component teams necessary for product release
- Ensure team execution and delivery to committed sprint work
- Participate in S2 ceremonies
- Scrum master must collaborate well with stakeholders and team to achieve team goals, increase team efficiency
- Communicate and facilitate effectively across diverse audiences within and outside of the Sprint Team (Stakeholders, Executives)
- Is able to remove obstacles for the team or direct obstacles to appropriate owners for resolution quickly
- Knowledgeable about software development lifecycle
- Provide perspective to the team and keeps team focused on critical deliverables and tasks
- Is comfortable working with a wide range of roles and levels (business, compliance, Legal, IT, etc)
- Motivate and model open communication to help surface issues for faster resolution
- Influence across wide range of stakeholders
- Possess a strong drive to complete when faced with ambiguity
- Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
- CSM (Certified Scrum Master) or CST (Certified Scrum Trainer)
- At least 3 years of experience leading Agile Scrum teams
- At least 5 years of experience in Project Management
- At least 5 years of experience with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent problem solving and influencing skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information System, Business or Project Management
- Experienced in Kanban
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform a job, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or [email protected]
All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Back to top