Manager, Scrum Master
West Creek 6 (12076), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager, Scrum Master
- Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation's top 10 banks, offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. We nurture a work environment that values diversity of thought and ideas where people from a variety of backgrounds guided by our shared Values come together to make Capital One a great company - and a great place to work. Capital One started as an information strategy company that specialized in credit cards, and we have become one of the most impactful and disruptive players in the industry.
As an part of our Digital Engineering organization, you will be participating in cutting edge digital security initiatives delivered within a Scaled Agile Framework. In the Scrum Master role, you'll serve as the servant leader for your team by ensuring clear communication and organization of all team objectives. The Scrum Master will drive the scrum process focused on delivery and will drive continuous improvement of the team, along with maintaining the product backlog and release plan. The Scrum Master will facilitate team productivity by removing impediments that may obstruct the pursuit of the team's sprint goals and by preserving flexibility and ability to rapidly respond to changes on the team. Scrum Masters are expected to be leaders and champions of agile delivery who can represent the team and it's work to external stakeholders and senior leadership.
- Serve as scrum master for two or more teams.
- Demonstrates a strong ability to integrate agile principles into team practices and work products
- Ensures team maintains focus on quality and continuous delivery with some support from coach
- Ability to act as mentor or buddy to new / less-experienced Scrum Master(s)
- Proactively identifies impediments and quickly resolves using network of peers and formal channels
- Actively seeks and is involved with Communities of Practice
- Facilitates teamwork and continual improvement of the team's agile practices
- Introduces new and advanced practices to improve the team
- Demonstrates ability to balance data with other factors when making decisions
- Effectively sets own/team priorities in ambiguous environment.
- Represents team to external stakeholders and can understand and explain the technical and production solution the team is delivering
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, or Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, or military experience
- At least 4 Years of Agile experience in a technical environment
- Master's Degree in Business or Master's Degree in Computer Science or Master's Degree in Information Systems or Master's Degree in Engineering.
- 5 years of Agile experience
- 1 year of SAFE experience
- CSM Certification.
- PMP Certification, or Lean certification, or Agile certification, or Six Sigma certification
- SAFe certified.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top