Manager, Scrum Master
7900 Westpark Drive (12131), United States of America, Tysons, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager, Scrum Master
We are looking for driven individuals with proven leadership experience to join our team of passionate engineers to create Capital One's next generation of infrastructure services. Our team lives on the bleeding edge of technology, working directly with world-class engineers to operationalize new ways of working by innovating processes, data analytics, and automating tasks. This role will be responsible for championing, governing, scaling, and measuring the Agile delivery framework within Engineering and for projects across the enterprise. You will oversee Agile Project Leaders in the roles of Scrum Master, Kanban Lead, and/or Project Manager. You must be comfortable working with hybrid processes and methodologies, drawing from the most suitable aspects of Agile/Lean deliver quality products to our customers. With consideration for the Agile values and principles, the focus of this leadership position is on delivering value to our customers and stakeholders. We value leading teams over managing tasks, and adapting to change over conforming to plans.
- Develop and grow team of Agile Project Leaders through training, mentoring and coaching while also hiring new staff in that role as needed
- Monitor project/team performance through quantitative and qualitative measures of value, outcome, velocity, morale, and satisfaction
- Develop, implement, and promote Agile best practice standards including the use of boards and tools where appropriate
- Coordinate between and among Agile teams for progress and impediments via Scrum of Scrums and project management oversight
- Collaborates with executive leadership team on portfolio governance for Scrum, Kanban, and other projects and facilitates the start or stop of teams based on investment decisions
- Facilitates organizational learning, change management, and process adoption of Agile via metrics, benefits realization, outcomes, and retrospective findings
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent military experience
- At least 5 years of project/program management experience
- At least 3 years of Agile/Scrum experience
- Master's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Engineering
- Scrum Master or other agile certification
- 5+ years' of experience with agile tools in the market
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top