Manager, Scrum Master
West Creek 5 (12075), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager, Scrum Master
At Capital One, we march to a different beat! While we may be a top -10 bank by deposits, we operate and innovate with the vigor of a start-up. Even with thousands of employees, we never lose anyone in the shuffle, and celebrate our success with exceptional benefits, a work/life balance that we actually live by and industry leading educational opportunities. We recruit the best and the brightest people, use the latest, open source technology available and set industry trends all with the goal of wowing our consumers.
As an Agile Scrum Master at in Commercial Risk Technology, you will drive strategy and execute on high priority projects. From the very start, working with key stakeholders across the company, you will be challenged to excel and lead alongside the brightest talent in the industry and be rewarded for your achievements. You will be working with passionate leaders, developers, designers and product owners to deliver results that have a direct impact on the company's bottom line. You will be empowered to build high performing scrum teams in order to deliver exceptional software solutions which delight users and at the same time meet Capital One's high quality standards
- Schedule/facilitate sprint planning meeting(s) prior to the beginning of each sprint. Work with product owners and delivery teams to groom stories in advance of each sprint.
- Schedule/facilitate daily stand up, sprint reviews, retrospectives, and other Agile / Scrum ceremonies
- Represent the team at the Scrum of Scrums meetings to report on progress and any impediments that need attention from leadership
- Support the Backlog Owner and Portfolio Manager in updating monthly the 30-60-90 release roadmap and delivery strategy
- Facilitate impediment resolution in a timely, cost effective manner
- Be active in a community of Scrum Masters to receive mentoring from Agile coaches as well as provide coaching for other teammates sharing best practices and lessons learned.
- Teach/Mentor/Coach teams on Agile practices, roles, artifacts and ceremonies
- Coordinate as needed with other Scrum Masters the delivery of cross team dependent work efforts
- Manage business relationships with other component teams necessary for product release
- Identify opportunities for continuous operational and/or team improvements
- CSM Certification (Certified Scrum Master)
- At least 3 years of Agile Delivery experience
- At least 3 years experience using an Agile management/tracking tool like Version1 or Jira
- Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
- Masters / MBA degree
- 5+ years of agile delivery experience
- Functioned as a Release Train Engineer
- Excellent communication and partnership skills to effectively manage, inform and influence outcomes
- Strong drive to complete when faced with ambiguity
- Ability to energize a group of engineers to achieve their full potential
Relocation assistance will be provided for candidates who qualify.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top