Manager, Scrum Master
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager, Scrum Master
In the Scrum Master role, you'll serve as the servant leader for your teams by ensuring clear communication and helping the teams reach their goal. You will drive the Scrum methodology focused on predictable, quality delivery and driving continuous improvement of the team. You will facilitate team productivity by removing impediments that may obstruct the pursuit of the team's goals and by preserving flexibility and ability to rapidly respond to changes on the team.
- Serves as scrum master for one or more teams
- Exhibits leadership in Agile & Lean principles
- Ensures team maintains focus on quality and continuous delivery
- Proactively identifies impediments and appropriately resolves using network of peers and formal channels
- Utilizes team feedback and metrics to identify areas of opportunity and works with team to continuously improve
- Facilitates the sprint planning meetings, daily scrum meetings, grooming sessions and sprint review meetings
- Works with Product Owner to update the backlog on a regular cadence
- Manages relationships with component teams necessary for product release
- Works with management to maintain a high-performing team
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 2 years of Agile experience
- Certified Scrum Master
- Demonstrated experience leading project teams to deliver iterative software product improvements and enhancements over time
- 1+ year of experience with SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top