Manager, Scrum Master
Atrium (35004), United States of America, Rolling Meadows, Illinois
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager, Scrum Master
In the Scrum Master role, you'll serve as the servant leader for your team(s) by ensuring clear communication and helping the team reach its goal. The SM will drive the appropriate Agile methodology (Scrum/Kanban/etc) focused on predictable, quality delivery and driving continuous improvement of the team. The SM will facilitate team productivity by removing impediments that may obstruct the pursuit of the team's goals and by preserving flexibility and ability to rapidly respond to changes on the team.
- Serves as scrum master for two or more teams
- Integrates Agile & Lean principles into team practices and work products
- Ensures team maintains focus on quality and continuous delivery
- Acts as an Agile mentor/coach to other Scrum Masters or any Agile role
- Proactively identifies impediments and appropriately resolves using network of peers and formal channels (including escalation if required)
- Actively seeks and participates in a variety of learning opportunities such as Communities of Practice, conferences, classroom training and independent study to further develop self and community
- Facilities teamwork and continuous improvement of the team's agile and XP engineering practices
- Introduces new and advanced practices to improve the team and their delivery
- Demonstrates ability to balance data with other factors when making decisions
- Understands domain architecture and upstream/ downstream dependencies
- Stay current on domain architecture targets to support the team in risk management
- Possess strong understanding Devops concepts, tools and technologies
- Deep knowledge and understanding of Cloud technologies including PaaS, IaaS, SaaS
- Experience delivery in Application Development or Infrastructure Provisioning Environments
- Strong understanding of Server & Network Architecture
- Utilizes team feedback and metrics (quality, delivery rate, etc) to identify areas of opportunity and works with team to continuously improve
- Coaches the team to improve collaboration and self-organization
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 6 years of experience as a Scrum Master
- At least 2 Years of Agile Experience
- 10 + Years of Experience in Technology or Finance Industry
- 1+ years of Credit Card Business experience
- PMP, Lean, Agile or Six Sigma certification
- SAFe certified or experience (or other scaled agile frameworks)
At this time Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top