Manager, Scrum Master
West Creek 8 (12080), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager, Scrum Master
What types of teams will you support? Everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications, to highly-available, highly-scalable micro-services, to back-end systems with sophisticated data pipelines. All on the cloud!
Card and Small Business Banking Technology is hiring a Scrum Master to support one or more agile teams within the fast-paced and growing environment. In this role, you will be coaching teams to help them maximize their potential while helping them to get great work out the door. You will play a critical role helping build high performing teams, helping the team continuously improve, and removing barriers that slow the team down.
- Create a culture of continuous improvement within the team.
- Maximize delivery flow-help the team remove barriers that slow them down.
- Continuous coaching of the team (and stakeholders around the team) to realize their highest potential.
- Foster open communication and transparency through building trust within teams.
- Facilitate or help other team members facilitate Scrum ceremonies.
- Create visibility to what and how the teams are doing. Management of sprint team data in Jira.
- Support the Product Manager and Product Owner in maintaining data in the appropriate Agile toolset to provide transparency to the roadmap and related priorities.
- Represent the team at the Scrum of Scrums (S2) meeting to report progress.
- Proactively help the team identify and resolve impediments. Ability to facilitate impediment resolution in a timely, effective manner.
- Facilitate retrospective meetings at the end of each sprint / project - ensure highest priority retrospective points are followed up on and closed out.
- Strong drive to complete work when faced with ambiguity and competing priorities.
- Be active in Agile communities (internal and external) to share best practices and lessons learned.
- Manage relationships with other teams necessary for product release in a matrixed and distributed environment.
- Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
- At least 4 years in Technology Delivery
- At least 2 years of experience working in Agile Team environments
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Certified Scrum Professional (CSP)
- Scaled Agilist (SA) certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top