Manager, Scrum Master
West Creek 5 (12075), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager, Scrum Master
In the Scrum Master role, you will be the servant leader for your teams. You will ensure clear communication and organization of all team objectives. The Scrum Master drives the scrum process focused on delivery and driving continuous improvement of the team. The Scrum Master facilitates team productivity by removing impediments that may obstruct the pursuit of team sprint goals, and by preserving flexibility and ability to rapidly respond to changes on the team. As part of an Agile Release Train, the Scrum Master works closely with the Release Train Engineer, Product Owner, other Scrum Masters, teams, and stakeholders to maintain project backlog and develop release plans.
- Serve as scrum master for one or more teams
- Proactively identifies impediments and appropriately resolves using network of peers and formal channels
- Ensures team maintains focus on quality and continuous delivery
- Understands domain architecture and upstream/downstream dependencies and effectively manage those dependencies
- Communicates team status to senior management
- Uses team feedback, survey results, and metrics to identify areas of opportunity and works with team to continuously improve Agile and engineering practices
- Demonstrates ability to balance data with other factors when making decisions
- Acts as an Agile mentor / coach to improve team collaboration and self-organization
- Introduces new and advanced practices to improve the team and their delivery
- Demonstrates servant leadership mentality and approach
- Develop release plans and lead after hours and weekend releases
- Integrates Agile & Lean principles into team practices and work products
- Actively seeks and participates in a variety of learning opportunities such as Communities of Practice, conferences, classroom training and independent study to further develop self and community
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of Agile experience
- At least 5 years of experience serving in a Scrum Master role
- CSM Certification or SAFe SM Certification
- Master's Degree
- SAFe certified, PMP, PMI-ACP, or other Agile certifications
- Lean certification or Six Sigma certification
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with payments systems
- Experience with Jira, HPSM, Microsoft Project, Excel, and PowerPoint
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top