Manager, Resiliency and Recovery Governance
7900 Westpark Drive (12131), United States of America, Tysons, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager, Resiliency and Recovery Governance
Capital One's Resiliency and Recovery team is hiring! The end goal for the Resiliency and Recovery Practice (R&R) is to make Capital One a Technology leader in delivering 'always on' applications that support the best customer experience possible. To this end, the R&R team was established to create and implement a Destination State vision across the enterprise. We are looking for a Manager, who can identify resiliency risk management opportunities, lead cross functional teams to strengthen our posture, and prioritize efforts to achieve our Destination State goals.
The Program Manager will join the Resiliency and Recovery Governance practice focused on risk management and governance, operational scheduling and execution, executive and team communications. The role will be expected to work closely with both business and technical teams to ensure that both day-to-day and strategic expectations are being met. The successful candidate has a crucial mix of technical aptitude, risk awareness, continuity planning experience, project/program management, data analysis, communication proficiency, and attention to detail.
.- Support for Resiliency Steering Committee functions and activities (communications, deck creation/presentations, data analysis, investment tracking, and follow-up)
- Develop and maintain strong, positive relationships with IT leadership, platform owners/managers, application/support teams, and other stakeholders to clearly understand and help them with fulfilling on their expectations
- Effectively work with business and technical risk offices and second-line groups to track and report on residual resiliency-based risk through systems of record
- Publish current Resiliency Management branding, status, and direction on internal websites
- Work with audit process to ensure holistic, accurate and timely responses
- Ability to clearly define the business case and requirements for proposed projects or improvement efforts and validate their opportunity, scope, and importance
- Ability to work from a strategic focus and align tactical work to upper level strategy
- Ability to develop, maintain, and follow established standards for process artifacts within projects or improvement efforts
- Ability to gather, collect, organize, prioritize, conduct statistical analysis, and present data supporting projects or improvement efforts
- Perform quality control reviews on deliverables and artifacts
- Ability to manage and participate in written and oral communications to a broad audience including Senior IT Leadership
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of IT or Business Continuity experience (or IT/BC experience combined)
- 1+ year of experience in leading cross-divisional or cross-departmental teams
- 1+ year of experience in a Program Office or Leadership capacity managing multiple projects/investments
- 1+ year experience in one of the following: Risk Management, Resiliency Management, or Disaster Recovery
- Lean or Six Sigma Green/Black Belt certification, ABCP/CBCP and/or PMP/Agile Certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top