Manager, Reimagine Coach (Capital One Garage)
Plano Town Center (31064), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager, Reimagine Coach (Capital One Garage)
Turbocharging the customer experience and creating minimally awesome experiences has been declared one of our three key strategic priorities for 2017. As an organization, we are early in the journey of customer driven innovation and creating amazing front end experiences. Our goal is not only to delight our customers by creating experiences that transform how consumers interact with their money, but also to build capability within Capital One to have the talent to help us jump the S-curve, time and time again. And you will be need to be at the top of your game – bringing in strong capability in customer driven innovation, but also investing to continue to learn from external experts and emerging practices yourself.
In order to build this capability across Capital One Financial Services, we are need awesome talent who deeply understand customers and designing for delight, but also love to coach. This small team will be the "Navy Seals" of Capital One Financial Services – partnering with teams on the toughest problems, building their capabilities, while getting to answers, with speed and agility. This small group is the cream of the crop and will jumpstart your career and reputation at Cap One. After this tour of duty, you have a number of choices of what's next … moving into a product management role, continuing in Capital One University (leadership & development), personal coaching, strategy or innovation roles … a number of choices, all accelerated through this experience.
- Test, learn & iterate into an awesome experience that achieves our stated goals
- Roll up your sleeves to coach teams on their toughest problems in 1-4 week stints, driving them to solution while building their capability and skills in a hands-on way … problems ranging from the strategic (e.g. bold vision, customer problem, enduring customer benefits) to discovery projects (how to solve for a specific pain) to developing the best "how" for a new functionality
- Build your own capability through extensive study and partnership externally – finding cutting edge methodologies, understanding emerging technologies, identifying new development opportunities
- Create a robust toolkit to be leveraged in the Bays and outside – a set of tools and methodologies to deploy for the right problem
- Teach as part of Capital One University as we build capability at the Leadership and Associate levels across the board
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of leading and coaching teams in design thinking
- At least 1 year of digital product experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 3 years of digital product management experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top