Manager, Quantitative Modeling
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager, Quantitative Modeling
Capital One is one of the world's largest, most analytically sophisticated financial service providers. Our growing Fortune 100 company is known for giving affordable access to credit to tens of millions of customers worldwide. We also provide auto, home and business loans, plus banking and other financial services.
Expertise in quantitative analysis is central to our success in all these markets. Our 100+ modelers thrive in a culture of mutual respect, excellence and innovation. We have several opportunities available for top-notch quantitative professionals.
This position is part of Capital One's Global Finance division. Successful candidates will partner cross-functionally with business throughout the company to deliver breakthrough analytical solutions to support a winning strategy in a continually changing business environment.
• Lead the development, enhancement and implementation of statistical and other quantitative models to support loss forecasting, Basel and economic capital calculations, and other business applications
• Understand technical issues in econometric and statistical modeling and apply these skills toward solving business problems
• Full ownership of the model development process and relationship with the business customer: from conceptualization through data exploration, model selection and validation, implementation, business user training and support
• Develop model monitoring plan, monitor statistical model performance, and provide technical guidance to business leadership
• Identify opportunities to apply quantitative methods to improve business performance
• Communicate technical subject matter clearly and concisely to individuals from various backgrounds
• Develop quantitative modeling competencies of others within the same line of business. Teach and Mentor quantitative modelers
• May manage a team of 1-3 modelers.
• Master's Degree in Statistics, Economics, Math, Industrial Engineering or Operations Research
• 4 years' experience in Statistical, or Econometrics hands-on work (can include Graduate School Research work)
• 1 year of credit risk modeling or consumer behavior modeling
• 2 years' experience using R
• Doctorate in Economics, Statistics or Math
• 5 years' experience in Statistical hands-on work
• 5 years' experience using R
• 2 years' experience using Python
• 2 years' experience manipulating and performing analysis with large databases
• 2 years' experience in Credit risk modeling or Mortgage Risk Modeling
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top