Manager, Project Management
West Creek 3 (12073), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager, Project Management
Title: Manager, Project Management
Day-to-day, as a Project Manager you'll serve as the leader of results, communications and oversight for business-critical projects having moderate to high complexity. From problem solving across departments and levels to facilitating meetings and developing project plans, you'll have a wide range of duties to keep progress moving forward. The ideal candidate can deliver in a challenging and fast-paced environment, as well as manage effectively through competing priorities within the larger organization. Additionally, the candidate needs to be skilled in managing stakeholder and customer expectations, while concurrently maintaining project momentum. The role requires a well-rounded individual who is comfortable adjusting their approach to meet unique needs across multiple projects within a complex organization. This role is ideal for someone with strong leadership skills, who has a desire to make a positive impact and do great things. The preferred candidate will have experience working in Compliance and/or Risk Management organizations within a major financial company with a solid understanding of regulatory requirement management and applicability, controls, and 1st and 2nd line responsibilities.
Responsibilities of a Principle Project Manager consist of:
- Autonomously leading large scale projects having moderate to high levels of complexity by providing strategic direction to project teams, peers, and stakeholders to drive results.
- Planning, designing, managing and executing project plans to ensure delivery. This activity includes management of scope definition, requirement expectations, planning, communications and implementation
- Designing, developing, and managing project plans in a complex dynamic environment, revising needs to meet changing requirements as needed
- Ensuring projects are being documented appropriately to mitigate risk and to be delivered on time.
- Leveraging problem solving and influencing skills to ensure project results deliver on intent
- Partnering cross-functionally with project customers to provide strategic and tactical thought partnership to effectively drive project delivery
- Building relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders to ensure delivery of commitments
The selected candidate will:
- Exhibit a demonstrate a track record of project management, bringing the ability to quickly put structure in place to manage tasks and related expectations
- Exhibit outstanding influencing skills to effectively drive project / program efforts - Demonstrate a proven track record of excellent project management, bringing the ability to quickly put structure in place to manage work in a dynamic complex environment.
- Display a passion for coaching and developing delivery teams through leadership
- Have excellent communication and partnership skills which are essential for interacting and communicating with key stakeholders at all levels across the company to manage, inform and influence outcomes
- Have demonstrated experience in various project management / problem solving methodology (waterfall, agile, design thinking, etc.)
- Demonstrate the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
- At least 5 Years Project Management experience in a Corporate Financial Services work environment
- At least 2 Years of Client Management – relationship building with internal or at least 2 years of Client Management- relationship building with external partners
- PMP Project Management certification
- Compliance and/or Risk Management experience
- Corporate Management Consulting experience
- Master's Degree
- 10+ years of Project Management experience
- 5+ years of People Management experience
- Lean, Agile or Six Sigma certification Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Strong problem solving and influencing skills
- Strong attention to detail and results oriented, ability to meet objectives and handle multiple deadlines and priorities
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top