Manager, Project Management
11 West 19th Street (22008), United States of America, New York, New York
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager, Project Management
As a member of the Commercial UW Credit Transformation team, you will be responsible for all phases of project delivery – from definition and planning, to prioritization and implementation. As part of our multi-year transformation journey, you will be driving strategic projects that focus on transforming the end-to-end credit process and technology to deliver an industry leading experience for clients and associates. Solutions will be simple, scalable, and digital. This role requires strong teamwork, communication, and negotiation skills needed to lead and make decisions across various Commercial Bank business lines and teams.
- Deliver and lead medium to large projects in a highly autonomous complex environment, providing strategic direction to projects, peers, and direct reports
- Collaborate with partners to understand business problems and focus on bringing issues to resolution, escalating as necessary to meet timelines. Includes clarifying and defining business needs, requirements and use cases
- Build relationships as an active and engaged member of a team that is working on delivering features to our associates and / or customers
- Build relationships and work closely with project and business partners at all levels across Capital One, including: Technology, Operations, Risk and others to deliver a well-managed project.
- Proactively Identify and remediate risks, issues, and dependencies, escalating where necessary
- Ensure status reports are submitted regularly, accurate, appropriately detailed, and visible to all relevant stakeholders
- Partner with Program Lead to create and deliver progress updates to senior leadership
This candidate should possess
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic, collaborative environment
- Strong problem solving skills, demonstrating the ability to think outside the box and challenge norms when necessary
- Exceptional influencing ability, needed to effectively drive project efforts
- A proven track record of leading complex projects to completion
- Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
- At least 5 years of Project or Program Management in the Financial Industry
- Project Management, PMO, or Large Program Administration Experience
- Commercial Banking or Commercial Lending Experience
- Agile Experience and/or Certification
- JIRA Experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top