Manager, Product Manager - Commercial Card
Towers Crescent 2 (12067), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager, Product Manager - Commercial Card
The Commercial Card Product team is looking for Product Managers eager to ideate, build and grow our B2B payments business. We are a young and exciting team developing best-in-class products.You will partner with designers, engineers, salespeople, project managers, and many others to own and deliver end-to-end experiences.
Electronic Payments is the fastest growing segment within Commercial Card. We are re-thinking the way companies pay their suppliers, and we are building market-leading products to win in this space. This is a great opportunity to make an impact by working on a new B2B payments platform at an early stage.
As a Product Manager and customer advocate, your responsibilities will include:
- Partnering with Technology and Design to build great products
- Driving customer research
- Knowing and advocating for your customer
- Developing product intent and strategy
- Working effectively with our vendors and internal tech teams to determine existing API functionality and drive new API requirements
- Leading feature delivery to market (partner with legal, marketing, operations, etc.)
- Partnering with Sales and Customer Servicing to create beautiful end-to-end customer experiences
The Commercial Card team has developed products which are processing billions of dollars in B2B payments. We are now planning the next iteration of our products to better connect our clients with their suppliers and make processing their accounts payable more efficient. We are building out a new platform - Vendor Outreach and Linking Tool (VOLT) - that will improve our ability to understand our client's vendors and optimize how clients clients pay their bills to maximize their rewards, and need an experienced Product Manager to bring it to market, stabilize the rollout, and build and execute a backlog of iterative improvements. The Commercial Card organization is a small, growing team that is fast paced and provides opportunities for a high degree of autonomy and scope.
Here's what you'll need to be successful:
- A bias to action and a proven track record of shipping successful products to market which exceed user expectations
- Knowledge and passion for emerging technologies and how they are used to empower developers and businesses to deliver great products.
- Grounding in human-centered design with a natural empathy for users
- Strategic thinking and an ability to effectively identify opportunities for growth in new businesses and markets
- A high level of intellectual curiosity and comfort with ambiguity
- Structured communication & storytelling skills with all audiences
- Significant experience applying analytical rigor to support technology decisions
- Experience translating business strategy and analysis into consumer facing digital products
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to navigate a cross-functional organization, including Operations, Sales, Design, and Tech
- Ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative, cross functional environment
- Ability to use SQL, Excel, Python (preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in digital product management
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Computer Science, or Engineering
- MBA or Master's degree.
- 1+ year of experience in the Financial/Payments industry
- 3+ years of experience in agile product management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top