Manager, Product Manager
1750 Tysons (12023), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager, Product Manager
In the Consumer Bank, we've combined that human-centered design with our heritage of data-driven decision-making to design, build and test our way to truly enabling financial experiences. We've challenged ourselves to spend less time planning, more time doing, and, above all else, to see the world through the eyes of our customers as they work to understand and manage their money.
Do you want to enhance the way that people make everyday transactions like bill payments, person-to-person payments and transfers between banks? Do you want to revel in the complexity of money movement while working to provide a simple and intuitive experience for customers? Have you geeked out on the possibilities of the blockchain or open banking APIs? Then we want you! As a Product Manager focusing on Consumer Bank money movement products, you'll be joining a passionate team of product managers, engineers, analysts and designers working to redefine how millions of customers interact with their money, solve complex problems with data, and make significant impacts in an ever-evolving competitive landscape.
On any given day in the Bank you'll be:
- Empowered. Owning the success and life cycle of a given product line (such as Person to Person Payments), setting its strategy and driving towards improvements to your KPIs
- Learning constantly. Work deeply with technologists and data scientists in building cutting edge solutions to speed up decisioning to real-time with advanced modeling techniques
- Innovating relentlessly. Pushing big change by starting small, testing, and learning your way to something new
- Sharing openly. Telling stories that change the way people think about building products and solving problems, and that illustrate the power of what software can do to make them even better
- Connecting creatively. Jumpstarting a self-supporting community by sowing the right seeds, building the right tools, integrating the right off-the-shelf products and just plain elbow grease
- Succeeding strategically. Solving the right problem, and holding on the wrong one. Getting big by starting small
Here is what you will bring to the table:
- Curious. You ask why, you explore, you're not afraid to blurt out your crazy idea, or follow an email chain for weeks to find someone with an answer.
- Do-er. You have a bias toward action, you try things, and sometimes you fail. You can get around roadblocks and stay focused on your goals.
- Passionate. You care about growing others and bringing them together around what's possible. You get a thrill from the journey of building and shipping products.
- Communicator. You can communicate complex ideas clearly, your team knows their priorities and why they're doing what they're doing. Maybe you're an introvert, or maybe you're an extrovert, but nobody accuses you of keeping them out of the loop.
- Wrangler. You can rally disparate groups with different motivations to pursue a common goal.
- Fearless. Big, undefined problems don't frighten you. You can work at a tiny crack until you've broken open the whole nut.
Here is what we will bring to the table:
- Competitive salary and equity (including a robust 401(k) plan)
- Excellent medical and dental insurance (and other health benefits)
- Superstar product, design, data and engineering leaders [Paypal, Google, Gilt, Yodle, AOL, Adaptive Path]
- Top class engineering teams that you will lead and build product with
- Continuous learning budget
- Highly supportive and "bought in" leadership environment
- At least 2 years of experience working with cross-functional teams to deliver consumer experiences.
- At least 1 year of experience working with core product platforms that power those experiences.
- At least 1 year of digital industry experience for consumers
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 1 year of experience with web and client-side mobile platforms
- At least 1 year of experience as a Product Owner in an Agile development process
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top