Manager, Product Manager
West Creek 5 (12075), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager, Product Manager
Job Description Summary:
Our team is a small, entrepreneurial group focused on leveling the playing field for small businesses. We believe that small businesses should be able to have access to the same resources, financing, and expertise that larger businesses do. We believe that small businesses shouldn't have to choose between slow, cumbersome banks with attractive rates, or modern fast online lending at exorbitant rates.
Do you want to be part of a team launching a better way for small businesses to gain control of their cash flow? Do you want to work in a fast-paced new product development shop? Does the idea of taking a rough MVP and iterating it to product-market fit using customer feedback and your expertise excite you? If so, we want you!
As the product manager for our new small business digital lending and cash flow management platform, your role will be to take our initial MVP and grow it into something that customers will love. Additionally, we are developing complimentary products, and you'll be responsible for determining how and when they should be included in the platform. You'll work with customers and internal stakeholders to determine what is working (or not), research new features, own the product roadmap, prioritize the backlog, and serve as the PO within your agile development team.
On any given day, you might be...
- Setting the strategic roadmap
- Meeting with external stakeholders
- Working with our dedicated back-office ops team
- Crafting business requirements
- Writing stories and managing the JIRA backlog
- Debating the best APIs to call
- Participating in agile ceremonies as the PO with your developers
- Engage with our internal team members and Capital One partner teams to understand the product intent and stakeholder needs
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative data to inform product feature decisions
- Acts as the voice of the business and customer for the technology team and other stakeholders
- Work with designers to mock up wireframes and provide feedback on higher fidelity design elements
- Communicate the product roadmap and vision through clear documentation and thoughtfully-prioritized user stories
- Incorporate design thinking and analytics to inform product design
- Work with Scrum Master and Tech Lead to set and meet deliverable milestones and plays a key role in key Agile and SAFe ceremonies
- Engage with the broader team to identify and drive additional process improvement work
- Collaborate across teams and the Product Owner community
- At least 3 years of experience in digital product management
- At least 2 years of experience in Agile product management
- At least 1 year of experience translating business strategy and analysis into digital products
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- 3 years of experience translating business strategy and analysis into digital products
- 5 years of experience in Agile product management
- Experience in financial services or fintech
- Experience working in or with small businesses/start-ups
- MBA or Master's degree
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top