Manager, Product Management-Turing
- Vienna, VA
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
Manager, Product Management-Turing
The Data Ethics, Privacy and Emerging Data Solutions Team at Capital One offers a unique opportunity to work within an entrepreneurial team yet have the resources and tools of a larger company. Our group is driving enhancements both within and across many Capital One lines of business. You will have the opportunity to play a pivotal role in improving the experience for internal users as they safeguard their sensitive data.
The Data Ethics, Privacy and Emerging Data Solutions Product Manager is responsible for strategic product initiatives and associated user experience, from idea to rollout. The product manager will work closely with technical and design teams to identify and develop new product enhancements, perform business case analysis, obtain acceptance from stakeholders for the recommended initiative, document requirements, and prioritize the enhancement within a combined delivery roadmap. Our Product Managers collaborate with the design, technology, architecture, cyber, compliance/legal, operations, and lines of business stakeholders to understand the feasibility and subsequent deliverability of the solution.
The Product Manager role requires a mastery of product & project management, an instinct for developing compelling user interfaces and user experiences, and the technical aptitude to collaborate with technology development teams. The Product Manager will be proficient in agile development practices and must have experience as a "product owner" in an agile team. Product managers must have a fun and energetic personality with a "make it happen" attitude.
Manager, Product Management
We are looking for a Product Manager who is exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about building great products and experiences. You will have the rare opportunity to work at the vanguard of digital platforms, data engineering and regulatory compliance. The ideal candidate is resourceful, analytical, self-motivated and has great attention to detail.
In this role you will:
- Lead a cross-functional team to translate leadership and regulatory directives into product requirements and working software. You will be familiar with the Agile methodology and rally the team while working in a highly collaborative environment. You will help define story acceptance criteria, manage and prioritize the team backlog, and contribute to the overall team vision and roadmap.
- Collaborate with internal partners to build an understanding of processes or workflows that involve sensitive data and ensure that it is properly protected. You will be exceptional at developing and nurturing relationships with key internal stakeholders in support of Capital One's lines of business.
- Grow Capital One's Platform by developing features that support consistent, frictionless user experiences.
- Manage and prioritize the product and feature backlog for your products and APIs.
- Work with internal teams to integrate critical enterprise capabilities into their products.
- Provide analysis and evaluation for critical capabilities around data protection.
- Stay up to date on material developments in regulatory policies such as PCI
- Drive the long-term product vision and key drivers of the new product strategy at Capital One and map that vision to a foundational set of API and/or UI capabilities.
- Work with API designers and cross-functional teams to translate business needs into API interface & functional requirements
- Evangelize new Platform-driven business and operational models that align with the business vision.
- Support Agile team(s) in all things related to the platform - user communications, planning sessions, production questions, disaster recovery testing, NPS surveys and empathy interviews, etc.
Here's what you'll need to be successful:
- You understand Platform products and the value of building extensible products that can be adapted for a variety of uses.
- You understand APIs and value great developer experiences.
- You can communicate business requirements to technical teams and vice versa.
- You can work independently with unwavering professionalism.
- You can positively represent our brand.
- You feel at ease in complex environments.
- You are well versed in tools like Jira, Confluence, Github, etc.
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of Product Management or Software Development experience
- At least 5 years of experience working with development teams
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Master's degree
- 2+ years of experience in Agile product management
- Certified Cyber Security Examiner (CSSE) Certification
- AWS Certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top