Manager, Product Management - Enterprise Data Warehouse
- Vienna, VA
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
Manager, Product Management - Enterprise Data Warehouse
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. We think big and do big things. We were the first company to develop and offer mass customization and personalization of credit card products, and we have been innovating relentlessly ever since. Today we are a high-tech company, a scientific laboratory, and a nationally recognized brand all in one that reaches tens of millions of consumers. We are a passionate and entrepreneurial team that embraces bold ideas, fosters collaboration and delivers great experiences for our customers.
Are you inspired by big data and the endless possibilities it creates? At Capital One, we are harnessing big data to improve everyday experiences for our millions of customers across banking, credit cards, investments and car loans. As our customers go about their daily lives, they generate huge amounts of data. It flows 24-hours a day, touches all lines of business and represents a tremendous opportunity for Capital One. By making this data available in the Data Warehouse, we can provide anyone at Capital One the resources and infrastructure they need to innovate on our data, perform analytics and power Machine Learning.
We are looking for a talented Product Manager to join our rapidly growing Enterprise Data Products and Platform team that supports the Enterprise Data Lake and Data Warehouse! Our product managers oversee the product functionality and design for our flexible, scalable, and easy-to-use cloud data platform. We need someone who has the breadth of skills and experience that will make our product loved by customers - someone who can develop a deep understanding of the Snowflake product, a deep empathy for customers and a clear vision of how the product should evolve..
To succeed, you have to be passionate about building enterprise scale data products and delivering amazing experiences for internal stakeholders. Also, should obsess over removing friction from the overall consumer experience and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment driven by both analysis and creativity.
For this role, we are looking for product managers that demonstrate deep knowledge of big data technologies, Data Warehouse platforms like Snowflake, Redshift while at the same time having a strong product management mindset.
As a Product Manager working on the Capital One Data Warehouse, you will be on point for:
- Leading consumer research within our data community and synthesizing it into new product ideas for Data ingestion, storage, processing and consumption
- Building product cases for new features and product concepts
- Defining, building towards, and launching MVPs
- Establishing product testing plans and building roadmaps
- Defining and owning the product backlog for the development teams
- Understanding user needs as well as understanding the technical requirements and limitations when building platform services.
- Managing cross dependencies across teams to ensure alignment, as well as adjusting team directions when gaps exist
- Defining product KPIs and success metrics
- Setting a strategy vision for various platform components and related services to increase adoption and deliver business results
- Working with business stakeholders across lines of business to evaluate requirements, potential solutions and prioritize core platform features
What you should bring to the table:
- Strong Product Management background
- Ability to grasp the Snowflake cloud data platform and at the same time go deep to detailed level of specific features
- Ability to understand all aspects of a data ecosystem, spanning from data governance, data quality, security to consumption of data, and becoming an expert on big data technologies.
- Ability to understand cost implications vs. business value of onboarding new features
- Prior experience executing a vision from start to finish in the past, with an ability to take a one-word, or one-sentence, product vision and expound on it to drive a product roadmap
- Ability to work independently across geographically diverse teams.
- Ability to intuitively identify impediments on the critical path and unblock them.
- Excellent communication skills in navigating a matrixed organization, tell compelling stories with ease to senior executives, and inspire teams about things that should exist that don't exist yet
- Structured problem solving to help a team work through a wide range of issues.
- Strong analytical mindset and ability to use sound data and logic to make compelling business cases.
- A bias toward action and a proven track record of delivering minimum viable products to market at rapid speed
- Ability to prioritize across different types of value dimensions
- Ability to actively seek out multiple opinions, yet make independent decisions and influence positive outcomes
-Bachelor's Degree or military experience.
-At least 2 years of experience in Software Product Management.
-Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
-2+ years of experience in data management.
-3+ years of experience in platform product management, developer services or enterprise data warehousing.
-1+ year of experience in directly managing other product managers.
-1+ year experience using big data technologies such as AWS, Azure, Hadoop, Snowflake.
-1+ year of experience working within the Scaled Agile framework.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top