Manager, Product Management
Towers Crescent 2 (12067), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager, Product Management
The Capital One Data Ethics and Privacy Office is looking to fill the position of a Privacy Champion to support and enable Capital One with implementing privacy controls, policies, customer facing privacy products and driving privacy awareness. This Privacy Champion will drive privacy initiatives, projects and serve as a trusted privacy advisor for Capital One.
The Privacy Champion role will report directly into Capital One's Data Ethics and Privacy Office, while also regularly working and communicating with the larger Enterprise to drive change. This Privacy Champion will work directly with their counterparts, business process specialists, and leadership teams to guide and enable Capital One to adopt privacy controls into business operations, customer experiences and maintain consistent data privacy practices.
This role requires a mix of financial services industry acumen, privacy legal and regulatory requirement knowledge, and an ability to communicate and operationalize stated privacy requirements and corresponding controls. An ideal candidate will be an effective communicator, demonstrate domain competency with respect to data privacy, and be passionate about data privacy.
• Drive privacy-related activities, projects, products and operations across the organization
• Serve as a trusted advisor for colleagues, stakeholders, LOBs and local legal teams for privacy-related activities
• Support Capital One with building and sustaining privacy policies and practices to keep pace with the rapidly evolving privacy regulatory landscape
• Promote privacy culture and awareness across Capital One
• Support Capital One's Privacy by Design process by providing feedback and guidance to business process and system owners, including related to understanding and implementing recommended privacy controls
• Support Capital One with completion of Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA) for business processes, including remediation of identified process risks
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in digital product management
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Master's degree
- 3+ years of experience translating business strategy and analysis into consumer facing digital products
- 2+ years of experience in Agile product management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top