Manager, Product Management - Data Lake Services
- Richmond, VA
West Creek 6 (12076), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Manager, Product Management - Data Lake Services
Are you inspired by big data and the endless possibilities it creates? At Capital One, we are harnessing big data to improve everyday experiences for our millions of customers across banking, credit cards, investments and car loans. As our customers go about their daily lives, they generate a river of data. It flows 24-hours a day, touches all lines of business and represents a tremendous opportunity for Capital One. By making this data available in the Data Lake, we can provide anyone at Capital One the resources and infrastructure they need to innovate on our data, perform analytics and power Machine Learning.
Our team is chartered to redefine the Capital One Data Lake strategy and how data is produced and consumed from it. We are using cutting-edge data technologies while building custom experiences that humanize the creation and consumption of data. To succeed, you have to be passionate about building enterprise products and delivering amazing experiences for internal stakeholders. For this team, we are looking for product managers that demonstrate deep knowledge of big data technologies, Data Lake platforms while at the same time having a strong product management mindset.
The ideal candidate is comfortable with Big data technologies. You are familiar with ingestion patterns, storage and security of data. And, also familiar with SQL and NoSQL technologies in big data and consumption patterns. You are entrepreneurial by nature and completely comfortable aligning strategies and objectives across a diverse organization. We look for people who obsess over removing friction from the overall consumer experience and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment driven by both analysis and creativity. You are a strong Product manager who is selfless and invests in the success of our customers with a deep understanding of products, analytics, technology and operations.
As a product manager working on the Capital One Data Lake, you will be on point for:
- Leading consumer research within our data community and synthesizing it into new product ideas for Data ingestion, storage, processing and consumption
- Building product cases for new features and product concepts
- Defining, building towards, and launching MVPs
- Establishing product testing plans and building roadmaps
- Defining and owning the product backlog for the development teams
- Understanding user needs as well as understanding the technical requirements and limitations when building platform services.
- Managing cross dependencies across teams to insure alignment, as well as adjusting team directions when gaps exist
- Defining product KPIs and success metrics
- Setting a strategy vision for various platform components and related services to increase adoption and deliver business results
- Working with business stakeholders LOBs to evaluate existing custom solutions and prioritize core platform features
- Defining contribution frameworks business users will utilize to share knowledge across the enterprise
- Defining intent for helping all application to produce data and enable data scientists, analysts, and modelers into using that data quickly
What you should bring to the table:
-Strong Product Management background
-A deep learning and understanding of technical fundamentals of big data technologies
-Unique combination of deep technical understanding of enterprise software development and product management expertise.
-Ability to understand all aspects of the data ecosystem, spanning from data governance, data quality to consumption of data, and becoming an expert on big data technologies.
-Ability to work independently across geographically diverse teams.
-Ability to intuitively identify impediments on the critical path and unblock them.
-Excellent communication skills in navigating a matrixed organization, tell compelling
stories with ease to senior executives, and inspire teams about things that should exist
that don't exist yet
-Structured problem solving to help a team work through a wide range of issues.
-Strong analytical mindset and ability to use sound data and logic to make compelling business cases.
-A bias toward action and a proven track record of delivering minimum viable products
to market at rapid speed
-A structured problem-solving approach to help a team work through a wide range of
-Intellectual curiosity for emerging technologies and engineering challenges
-Ability to prioritize across different types of value dimensions
-Ability to actively seek out multiple opinions, yet make independent decisions and
influence positive outcomes
-Bachelor's Degree or military experience.
-At least 5 years of experience in software product management.
-Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
-3+ years of experience in platform product management, developer services or enterprise data management.
-1+ year of experience in directly managing other product managers.
-1+ year experience using real-time data systems such as Kafka, Kinesis, or MQ.
-1+ year of experience working within the Scaled Agile framework.
-1+ year of program management experience.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top