Manager, Product Management – Consumer Identity Services
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager, Product Management – Consumer Identity Services
We are looking for a leader in the Digital Customer Experience team who will obsess over the experience consumers have enrolling or registering for digital engagement with Capital One. Responsible for building and grooming intent and platforms to their Design Target Architecture (DTAs), you will work with many partners and business partners across Lines of Business, IT, Architecture, Brand, etc. This position is for you if you're not satisfied with the status quo and want to make a difference.
Areas of Responsibility:
You will be responsible for Capital One's digital product strategy and execution for enterprise-wide consumer identity creation (customer enrollment/user registration, digital identity attributes, user authorization, etc). Key job functions include:
Product Development: You will manage the entire digital Product Lifecycle from concept through launch. Develop new digital products and process enhancements. Develop business cases and gain support from business leaders. Produce documents (business case, business requirements, functional requirements, etc.). Develop project plans and manage projects with aggressive time frames and assure that goals, budgets and deadlines are met. Drive the customer-centric research process for defining the product feature set and user experience. Demonstrate strong understanding of technology to collaborate with IT partners to build scalable, extensible solutions that deliver on the product requirements.
Strategic Thinking: You will evangelize the digital products and earn consensus on the strategy from business partners across the enterprise. Translate business goals into functional digital strategies and tactical digital product ideas. Take the Enterprise Customer into consideration when assessing the impact of new projects. Work closely with various business leaders to advise them on how to develop and sustain advantage in their space via the digital channels. Ensure that our products meet and exceed the goals.
Initiative/Problem Solving: You have the skills to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities. Requires initiative, flexibility, innovation and team focus to drive success. Make sound judgments. Use problem solving skills that help identify, isolate and resolve problems and issues in a timely fashion to negate or minimize customer impact. Develop solutions to new and complex needs/issues.
Leadership/Accountability: You possess strong leadership skills and serve as the primary contact for assigned initiatives. You're able to influence and manage cross-functional projects. Develop close working relationships with other departments in the company as well as external contacts.
Our ideal manager will:
- Possess practical application of Human Centered Design
- Be an accomplished people manager and very much a self-starter
- Have agile product management experience
- Be comfortable establishing relationships across levels within organizations, including Sr. Leadership interactions
- Possess experience in major technology project deployments
- Have experience developing a platform and APIs to be integrated across enterprise-wide systems
- Exhibit strong analytical, interpersonal, collaboration, communication (written, verbal, and technical), presentation, negotiation, influence and problem-solving skills
- Be knowledgeable in managing the definition and execution of projects (conceptualization, requirements, design, development, testing, and implementation)
- Have background in developing and managing web sites/online applications
- Boasts a proven track record in delivering products that deliver substantial value
We're going to love your ability to work:
- Autonomously, as well as lead cross-functional teams
- In fast-paced, complex and ambiguous environments
- On multiple projects simultaneously
- With remote resources and external vendors
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years in digital product management
- At least 2 years people management experience
- Master's degree in Business or Master's Degree in Marketing or Master's Degree in Computer Science or Master's Degree in Engineering
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform a job, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top