Manager, Product Management, Card Site
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager, Product Management, Card Site
At Capital One, we think big and do big things. We were the first company to develop and offer mass customization and personalization of credit card products, and we have been innovating relentlessly ever since. Today we are a high-tech company, a scientific laboratory, and a nationally recognized brand all in one that reaches tens of millions of consumers. We are a passionate and entrepreneurial team that embraces bold ideas, fosters collaboration and delivers great experiences for our customers.
If you have the drive to build amazing consumer experiences which are customer backed, data and insights driven, and impact the lives of millions daily, we want you! We are selectively recruiting a product manager to join the Card Site team. The Card site is the front door and storefront for all of Capital One's credit card products, and is many customer's first experience of the company.
To excel in this position, you have to be jazzed about delivering amazingly simple experiences that make life easier for customers. You'll also need to be equally comfortable collaborating closely with engineers in our sprint teams as you are communicating with analysts to drive key insights from data.
What will you do?
- On this team, you will get to work at the intersection of human-centered design, software delivery, and business model innovation - while helping millions of users use credit wisely
- Define a product vision and roadmap based on understanding of customer needs and business strategy
- Drive product objectives with business cases, product success metrics, design thinking, customer feedback, market research, marketing strategy and competitive analysis
- Shape a learning agenda to uncover opportunities and validate customer needs
- Own product delivery within an agile environment and work closely with design and engineering teams to deliver a simple and intuitive user experience built on a best in class tech stack
- Drive day-to-day prioritization of work, troubleshoot reported issues, and oversee releases
What we are looking for:
- Strong analytical skills, ability to solve problems quickly, establish frameworks, ability to assess opportunities with hard data
- Strategic thinking and the ability to effectively identify opportunities for growth
- A bias to action and a track record of building and optimizing a successful consumer digital product
- Knowledge, passion and practical experience leading engineering teams in emerging technologies (APIs, Big Data, Native UIs, alternate payment rails)
- Grounding in human-centered design and a natural instinct for building simple and intuitive user experiences
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, comfortable presenting to senior leadership and tailoring to multiple audiences
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- A high level of intellectual curiosity and comfort with ambiguity
Here is what we will bring to the table:
- Competitive salary and stock purchase program (including a robust 401(k) plan)
- Excellent medical and dental insurance (and other health benefits)
- Industry-leading maternity and paternity leave policies
- A great working environment with a bunch of great people (early Bitcoin pioneers, ex-NASA engineers, and the authors of this job description)
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in Agile product management
- At least 3 years of experience leading teams
- Master's degree in Business or Marketing or Computer Science or Engineering
- At least 2 years of experience in Banking or Financial Services
- At least 3 years of experience managing a product roadmap and applying analytical rigor to support business decisions
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top