Manager, Product Management, Card Partnerships
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager, Product Management, Card Partnerships
At Capital One, we think big and do big things. We were the first company to develop and offer mass customization and personalization of credit card products, and we have been innovating relentlessly ever since. Today we are a high-tech company, a scientific laboratory, and a nationally recognized brand all in one that reaches fifty+ millions of consumers. We are a passionate and entrepreneurial team that embraces bold ideas, fosters collaborations and delivers great consumer experiences.
If you have the drive for building amazing customer experiences that impact the lives of millions daily, we want you! At Capital One, we’re looking for a few self-driven technologists to work as Product Managers in our Card Partnerships - New Partner Launch & Conversion product team.
To fit in, you have to be jazzed about delivering amazingly simple experiences that make life easier for our customers. You’ll also need to be equally comfortable talking to techies in our sprint teams as you are communicating with our analytically minded, stuffy bankers. (One day, we’ll get them in jeans too…)
Things that might tip us off you’re not the right person for this position:
You think Square is just a geometric shape
You have an aversion to denim
A mobile wallet is your money running away from you
Here’s what you’ll need to be successful:
- Act as a key business liaison in our Schaumburg office; providing intent oversight, assisting leadership in project prioritization, planning our technical roadmap and acting as the primary lead in intent to tech translation (you speak geek)
- You are comfortable interacting with all levels of an organization (you also speak non-geek) and capable of distilling complex technical or business issues.
- You are passionate and curious about the technology-driven world, and empathetic to solving our customer’s needs.
- You’re going to be responsible for delivering an experience, so you must have worked in a product group focusing on Digital technologies for a few years; in and around cool designers and nerdy engineers – and love it.
- Your prior experience will be important because you will be responsible for your product throughout the full product lifecycle.
- Working with our banking product teams, you’ll need to identify opportunities and uncover untapped needs through customer research and interaction data.
- You possess the ability to deliver on those insights by driving product vision and strategy to position our products alongside our core financial products.
- Working with our engineering teams, that vision you clearly articulated will need to turn into a simple, intuitive experiences that serves our customer’s banking needs.
- This position isn’t just about delivering the code; though, it’s a pretty important part.
- Willingness to travel to our Chicago downtown location as needed; occasional travel to Virginia / DC.
- Prior experience in financial services experience considered a plus
If those things up there sound like you, and you can check the box on these things down here, let’s talk. Send us your information and let’s see what you have.
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least three years of experience in Digital Product development
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or Bachelor of Science in Engineering, MBA or Masters degree
- 3 years of experience translating business strategy and analysis into consumer facing digital products
- 2 years of experience in Agile product management
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform a job, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or [email protected].
All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Back to top