11 West 19th Street (22008), United States of America, New York, New York
Manager, Product Management, Card Decisioning & Data Platforms
Capital One's Card Decisioning & Data Platforms organization is seeking candidates who are hungry to be at the forefront of innovation to help refine how Capital One customizes experiences to serve hundreds of millions of customers.
We are seeking Product Managers to work on MatchBox, a Capital One developed platform that drives consistent branding and servicing experiences across every customer touch-point. With MatchBox, we determine the who, what, when, where, and how for servicing a customer's account based on business driven decisions, customer driven preferences, and insights from customer behavior. We are seeking candidates who are passionate about working with new and emerging technologies and understand how to scale those platforms for enterprise usage.
In this role, you will work with internal business customers, marketers, designers, architects, engineers, analysts, process, and operations leaders to define the MatchBox product strategy and develop next-gen capabilities such as business self-service UI, advanced insight engine, and a variety of new platform enhancements and features. We are seeking Product Owners who are motivated to apply their skills to develop elegant, modernized solutions that create great experiences for internal users and Capital One customers.
General areas of responsibilities:
- Set product vision and lead road mapping, goal setting, prioritizing, capability delivery, and product roll-out strategy.
- Continually drive to understand customer needs and ensure they are considered in prioritization and trade-off discussions.
- Develop and lead customer research, prototyping, and test and learn agendas with a focus on building MVP experiences to learn about hypotheses.
- Partner with world class software engineers to design, deliver, and sustain functionalities and find opportunities to deliver real-time, personalized, and contextual experiences for our customers.
- Lead grooming activities within an Agile team, specifically defining and writing user stories, acceptance criteria and customer experience.
- Build and maintain strong relationships and feedback loops with leaders and stakeholders who manage the downstream operations and processes that depend on the capabilities and performance of our platforms.
- Help with overall thought leadership around platform development at the intersection of data+design+tech for the sake of creating meaningful, measurable business and customer value.
The ideal candidate is someone who friends and colleagues describe as:
- Equally comfortable setting future-oriented strategy and vision as they are designing and delivering capabilities today.
- On the whole, operates in a rapidly changing environment with a sense of urgency.
- A person who leads with humility and invests in the success of peers and managers.
- A natural leader who sparks conversations, invites stakeholders into his/her design process, creates advocacy/alignment, and looks for opportunities to achieve win-win outcomes.
- One with a high level of intellectual curiosity and comfort with ambiguity.
- A fantastic storyteller who is at ease presenting to senior executives.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in digital product management
- Master's Degree
- 5+ years of experience translating business strategy into digital products
- 5+ years of experience in Agile product management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).