Manager, Product Management
1750 Tysons (12023), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager, Product Management
In the Consumer Bank, we've combined that human-centered design with our heritage of data-driven decision-making to design, build and test our way to truly enabling financial experiences. We've challenged ourselves to spend less time planning, more time doing, and, above all else, to see the world through the eyes of our customers as they work to understand and manage their money.
As the Product Manager in charge of new deposit product development for savings and CD products, you will be part Consumer Bank Savings & Pricing team, which is responsible for managing a portfolio of $150B+ in deposits. You'll be joining a passionate team of engineers, designers, and analysts working to redefine how millions of customers interact with their bank and manage their money.
On any given day in the Bank you'll be:
- Empowered. Owning the success and end-to-end development of new Consumer Bank savings and CD deposit products, from idea through implementation.
- Gathering and synthesizing information from a variety of sources to set product strategy: customer and associate empathy research, market and internal product performance data, competitive analysis, etc.
- Innovating relentlessly. Pushing big change by starting small, testing, and learning your way to something new.
- Learning constantly. Work directly with technologists to cutting edge financial products.
- Working with leadership to align teams around your product strategy, roadmap and milestones.
- Planning for and executing product pilot and rollout programs.
- Overseeing cross-functional efforts that pull together partner team members from such departments as sales and service, marketing, fraud, and more to ensure delivery alignment.
- Interacting with other product managers in developing best practices.
Here is what you bring to the table:
- Curious. You ask why, you explore, you're not afraid to blurt out your crazy idea, or follow an email chain for weeks to find someone with an answer.
- Do-er. You have a bias toward action, you try things, and sometimes you fail. You dug up a hidden feature in an API that let you do something really cool, or started a company meme that lasted for months.
- Passionate. You care about growing others and bringing them together around what's possible. You've started meetup groups or taught General Assembly courses because you love enabling others.
- Communicator. You can communicate complex ideas clearly, your team knows their priorities and why they're doing what they're doing. Maybe you're an introvert, or maybe you're an extrovert, but nobody accuses you of keeping them out of the loop.
- Fearless. Big, undefined problems don't frighten you. You can work at a tiny crack until you've broken open the whole nut.
Here is what we will bring to the table:
- Competitive salary and equity (including a robust 401(k) plan)
- Excellent medical and dental insurance (and other health benefits)
- Superstar product, design, data and engineering leaders [Paypal, Google, Gilt, Yodle, AOL, Adaptive Path]
- Top class engineering teams that you will lead and build product with
- Continuous learning budget
- Highly supportive and "bought in" leadership environment
- At least 3 years of experience working with cross-functional teams to deliver consumer experiences and/or core product platforms that power those experiences
- At least 3 years of digital industry experience for consumers
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 1 year of experience with web and client-side mobile platforms
- At least 2 years of experience as a Product Owner in an Agile development process
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform a job, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top