Manager - Product Management
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager - Product Management
Do you want to be part of a team transforming an entire department by discovering automation needs, uncovering where value lies, and working with technology, design, subject-matter expert, and finance professionals to create product solutions? Do you want to work in a fast-paced new product development team? Does the idea of interfacing with internal customers and across functions to do discovery and research, to find solutions that drive value, excite you? If so, we want you!
Our product team is part of a larger group focused on the transformation of Finance at Capital One. On Demand Finance is what we are calling our transformation journey and we have a clear vision of the destination. Our Chief Financial Officer has declared four foundational goals to be completed by 2021 to achieve our On Demand Finance vision. One of our foundational goals is to fully automate our operations and product management will be instrumental to accomplishing this goal.
As a Manager of Product Management your role will be to help create and grow our products into something that our finance associates will love. You'll work with internal customers and stakeholders to determine what is working (or not), research and develop new features, own product initiatives, manage and prioritize roadmaps, and partner with other product owners within our Agile development teams.
This is a highly collaborative role, where success requires being able to get into the weeds with the product and development teams, as well as being able to influence and engage executive and internal stakeholders in support of the product vision.
As the Manager of Product Management you will:
- Be part of a highly dynamic and multi-disciplinary team that is leading the effort to build the products that will become the foundation for our Global Finance division
- Work with business partners across Finance to understand their current business process and translate their needs into products that they will use every day to gain insights and drive strategic intent.
- Coordinate with other product owners to develop an integrated solution that will enable the business to rethink how they perform their responsibilities
- Be on the front lines of our CFO's journey to rethink the role that finance can play at Capital One
- Obsess over creating amazingly intuitive experiences that deliver business value
- Confidently communicate your strategy across large organizations to influence stakeholders to align behind the objectives
- Establish or participate in Design Thinking, Agile, and Lean rituals which establish a rhythm for the team, promote ongoing communication, and iterative refinement of product initiatives
- Define Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) to measure success/failure; lead teams to align on and deliver OKRs for customer benefit, product quality and business outcomes
- Drive analysis for undefined or white space problems and make good decisions with ambiguous data
- Prioritize, negotiate and remove blockers to orchestrate successful launch or optimization cycles
- Execute with a sense of urgency to deliver solutions and on priorities
- Influence cross-team agendas proactively to deliver outcomes while balancing short and long term objectives
- Champion the use of the right technology to deliver on product initiatives and strategic intents
- Serve as a thought leader, contributing practitioner, career guide, and mentor to your teams
What We are Looking For:
- Proven experience in and passion for building and implementing great products
- Experience working with Product Management, Agile, Design Thinking, and Lean methodologies
- Exceptional communication skills -- someone who is an engaging storyteller and is at ease presenting to executives
- Creative problem solver who lives at the intersection of the human, business and technology dimensions. Deep fluency and experience in at least two of these dimensions, with a solid understanding of the third
- Blend of both strategic and tactical thinking -- someone who can identify and prioritize opportunities in highly ambiguous contexts, and then organize work in deep detail, thus aligning long term vision with iterative execution
- Aptitude to champion strategic technology initiatives to leap-frog current constraints and deliver transformational value
- Strong quantitative background to support data-informed decision making
- Collaborative, team player attitude with the ability to navigate and influence the organization
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in digital product management
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Master's degree
- 4+ years of experience translating business strategy and analysis into consumer facing digital products
- 4+ years of experience in Agile product management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top