Manager - Product Management
Benjamin Franklin (18052), United States of America, Wilmington, Delaware
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager - Product Management
In the Consumer Bank, we have combined our best-in-class analytical practice with a human-centered methodology to create a best in class experience by quickly identifying, building, and testing our way to success. We spend less time planning, more time doing, and, above all else, challenge ourselves to see the world through the eyes of our customers every step of the way.
Do you want to change the way the world interacts with their money? Do you have an opinion on whether shipping is more important than perfection? Do you have passion around building a foundation that will take Capital One Bank to the next level of growth? Then we want you!
As a Product Manager on the Consumer Bank One Experience team, you'll be joining a passionate team of Product Managers, engineers, analysts and designers working to:
- Ensure that over 10 million Customers can sign in and see their accounts instantly.
- Educate Customers on time and money-saving options before they even need to visit a branch.
- Create an online banking experience that works flawlessly and is lightning fast.
- Enable Product and Engineering to ship code constantly with the tools to conduct multivariate testing.
On any given day in the Bank you'll be:
- Empowered. Owning the success and life cycle of how the online banking experience can be enhanced with CICD with the outcome of engineers and Product Managers building and shipping quality code, independently and fast.
- Learning constantly. Working deeply with technologists in building cutting edge solutions to ensure the online banking site is always available while also studying Customer feedback via forward-thinking analytical tools for ways to continually improve the experience.
- Innovating relentlessly. Pushing big change by starting small, utilizing multivariate testing, and learning your way to something new.
- Sharing openly. Telling stories that change the way people think about building products and solving problems, and that illustrate the power of what software can do to make them even better.
- Connecting creatively. Working cross-functionally with groups throughout the enterprise to lean in and build/integrate the right tools and products.
- Succeeding strategically. Solving the right Customer problems, which will include helping them find the right options to same them time and money, in a consistent experience across all our online banking platforms.
Here is what you will bring to the table:
- Curiosity. You ask why, you explore, you're not afraid to blurt out your crazy idea, or follow an email chain for weeks to find someone with an answer.
- Initiative. You have a bias toward action and are not afraid to get into the weeds. of how an API works, understanding the intricacies of back-end orchestration layers and work tirelessly with engineering to identify solutions that will enhance the design, development and deployment experiences across the company.
- Passion. You care about growing others and bringing them together around what's possible. You've started meetup groups or taught General Assembly courses because you love enabling others.
- Communication. You can communicate complex ideas clearly, your team knows their priorities and why they're doing what they're doing. Maybe you're an introvert, or maybe you're an extrovert, but nobody accuses you of keeping them out of the loop.
- Teamwork. You've gotten front-end engineers to play nice with iOS developers, you can inspire an ETL developer to write creatively about his/her latest pipeline.
- Fearlessness. Big, undefined problems don't frighten you. You can work at a tiny crack until you've broken open the whole nut.
- Hustle. You love a fast-paced environment where every day is a new challenge and sometimes that means juggling multiple challenges at a time.
Here is what we will bring to the table:
- Competitive salary and equity (including a robust 401(k) plan)
- Excellent medical and dental insurance (and other health benefits)
- Superstar product, design, data and engineering leaders [Paypal, Google, Gilt, Yodle, AOL, Adaptive Path]
- Top class engineering teams that you will lead and build product with
- Continuous learning budget
- Highly supportive and "bought in" leadership environment
- At least 4 years of experience working with cross-functional teams to deliver consumer experiences and core product platforms that power those experiences
- At least 3 years of digital industry experience for consumers
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of experience with web and client-side mobile platforms
- At least 2 years of experience as a Product Owner in an Agile development process
- Basic understanding of AWS environments and creating a CICD pipeline (Artemis experience a plus)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top