Manager, Product Management
Towers Crescent 2 (12067), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager, Product Management
More than 60 million customers rely on us every day to enable fast, frictionless access to their money and empower them with tools, insights, and support so they have healthy financial futures. That's why we're here-a bold team of digital entrepreneurs, designers, analysts and engineers working to make a difference in people's lives. Maybe you should be here, too.
Keep reading if:
- You're driven to build intuitive experiences that start with the customer
- You embrace Agile and Lean, knowing results speak louder than PowerPoint decks
- You've got a background or passion for marketing, because this particular gig is entirely focused on building and running a cross-sell experience in our authenticated Digital channels.
What you'll do:
- Design and run digital campaigns with business stakeholders and operations teams so customers can easily explore and acquire financial products from our servicing platforms
- With partners, define and analyze metrics to measure the success of those campaigns at the customer and business levels
- Leverage powerful test & learn platforms to understand campaign lift, and contribute back to enhancing the framework
- Provide dashboards everyone can see at any time, thereby improving our speed in seeing and communicating results
- Use data and customer research to form hypotheses, then work with partners to design and build improved marketing user experiences that'll prove/disprove those hypotheses
- Explore new product discovery and acquisition flows to deliver an even more seamless customer experience
- Build and share best practices for digital marketing in our servicing applications (Web, iOS, Android), and contribute to building our next gen self-service Digital Marketing platform
- Be an ambassador for digital test & learn at home and across the company
- Partner with Data Science to develop customer insights that will power more pertinent experiences
- Own your product/features from cradle to grave, including gaining alignment with stakeholders, measuring results, and optimizing for value down the road
What we're looking for:
- Amazing product instincts. You are a creative expert in building and testing great user experiences and have a strong intuition for what people want or need. You have stories you could share about what problem you thought you were solving at first, but through testing and iteration, came to solve a much bigger and better problem that resulted in positive outcomes all-around.
- A love for working in ambiguity-and making sense of it. You can take in a lot of disparate information and find common themes, recommend clear paths forward and iterate along the way. You don't form an opinion and sell it as if it's undeniable truth; this is all about being flexible, agile, dependable, and responsive in the face of many moving parts.
- Comfort with data and storytelling. You understand which data you need to tell a story rooted in customer experience and business value. You can work with data scientists and analysts to make sure the right data is collected, visualized and even folded back into the machine learning engine.
- Confidence, not ego. Whether you're conducting qualitative or quantitative research, you're an expert at extracting insights that might go against what you originally thought they'd be-in other words, you're not someone who's looking for validation, but instead, truth.
- You've shipped outstanding websites/apps from concept to launch; you've got examples you can share right now.
- You've run multi-channel digital marketing campaigns before.
- You've worked with ML programs to personalize digital experiences.
- You have experience in the financial services industry.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in digital product management
- MBA or Master's degree
- 3 + years of experience translating business strategy and analysis into consumer facing digital products
- 2+ years of experience in Agile product management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top