Manager, Product - Data Protection/ Inventory
- Vienna, VA
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
Manager, Product - Data Protection/ Inventory
The Customer Platforms & Data Ethics Team at Capital One offers a unique opportunity to work within an entrepreneurial team yet have the resources and tools of a larger company. Our group is driving enhancements both within and across many Capital One lines of business. You will have the opportunity to play a pivotal role in improving the online customer experience for users of Credit Cards, Banking and other Capital One products.
The Customer Platforms & Data Ethics Product Manager is responsible for strategic product initiatives and associated customer experience, from idea to rollout. The product manager will work closely with servicing experience teams to identify and develop new product enhancements, perform business case analysis, obtain acceptance from stakeholders for the recommended initiative, document requirements, and prioritize the enhancement within a combined delivery roadmap. Our Product Managers collaborate with the UI design, marketing, analytics, branding, technology, compliance/legal, operations, and lines of business stakeholders to understand the feasibility and subsequent deliverability of the solution.
The Enterprise Digital API Product Manager role requires a mastery of product & project management, an instinct for developing compelling user interfaces and user experiences, optimized to financial products, and the technical aptitude to collaborate with technology development teams. The Digital Product Manager will be proficient in agile development practices and must have experience as a "product owner" in an agile team. Product managers must have a fun and energetic personality with a "make it happen" attitude.
Manager, Product Management
We are looking for a Customer Platform Product Manager who is exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about building great products and experiences. You will have the rare opportunity to work at the vanguard of digital platforms, data engineering and regulatory compliance. The ideal candidate is resourceful, analytical, self-motivated and has great attention to detail.
In this role you will:
- Lead a cross-functional team to translate regulatory directives into product requirements and working software. You will be familiar with the Agile methodology and rally the team while working in a highly collaborative environment. You will help define story acceptance criteria, manage and prioritize the team backlog, and contribute to the overall team vision and roadmap.
- Ensure that Capital One has the information required to complete due-diligence evaluations as part of our "Know Your Customer" policy. You will be responsible for integration of relevant data and process into our core Customer Platform.
- Collaborate with internal partners to build an understanding of processes or workflows that involve customer data and ensure that it is properly collected and protected. You will be exceptional at developing and nurturing relationships with key internal stakeholders in support of Capital One's lines of business.
- Grow Capital One's Customer Platform by developing features that support consistent, frictionless customer experiences.
- Manage and prioritize the product and feature backlog for your products and APIs.
- Work with internal teams to integrate critical enterprise capabilities into their products.
- Provide analysis and evaluation for critical capabilities around customer data.
- Stay up to date on material developments in regulatory policies such as KYC, TCPA, COPPA.
- Drive the long-term product vision and key drivers of the new product strategy at Capital One and map that vision to a foundational set of API capabilities.
- Work with API designers and cross-functional teams to translate business needs into API interface & functional requirements
- Evangelize new Platform-driven business and operational models that align with the business vision.
Here's what you'll need to be successful:
- You understand Platform products and the value of building extensible products that can be adapted for a variety of uses.
- You understand APIs and value great developer experiences.
- You can communicate business requirements to technical teams and vice versa.
- You can work independently with unwavering professionalism.
- You can positively represent our brand.
- You feel at ease in complex environments.
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of Product Management or Software Development experience
- At least 5 years of experience working with development teams
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Master's degree
- 2+ years of experience in Agile product management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top